Chapter twelve

The ride was so long. The two men at the front remained silent while I just stared out of the window. Outwardly, I was calm but inside, I was a mess.

After the long drive, the driver stopped in front of a large mansion. They stepped down from the car while I wrung my hands nervously.

"Take a deep breath" I said to myself. After a long inhale, i exhale and step down from the car. One of the men was already moving my luggage into the house. I expected the beast and his family to step out any moment from now but I didn't see anyone.

Instead, a girl who looked younger than I did came rushing out.

"A pleasure to have you here. I'm Rivka" she smiled warmly.

"I'm Paisley" I said before remembering I was supposed to act as Nevaeh but it was already too late.

"You have a beautiful name. Please come with me" she took my hands and led me inside the beautiful mansion. Everything in the house looked beautiful and expensive. From the flooring to the chairs and even the light bulb. The beasts lived in splendor and the place looked far better than I imagined it would look.

The room the girl led me into was even a more beautiful room. If I wasn't forced to be here, I would have been excited. The place screamed glam and I'm sure Kamiko would love it. And Nevaeh too.

If I was extremely wealthy, I was going to make my future bedroom with Edel look like this. Fuck Edel. I didn't pick his call and he must be wondering why. I reached into my handbag to search for my phone but I came up empty.

Fuck. I had forgotten my phone at home. I needed a phone to call mama and ask her to send my phone back to me.

"Do you have a phone?" I asked Rivka.

"No. But when the queen comes back, you could use her phone"

Will that be okay? I just got here and I was already borrowing. "Okay" I said instead.

"You can have a shower. I'll set a dress for you. The family will be back soon. You will be having lunch with them"

"Where did they go?" I asked without thinking.

"Ummm.. I don't know"

"It's fine" she nodded and went out. I was hesitant to strip and take a shower. But since I'm already here, I might as well play the part of good girl until they were able to find Nevaeh.

I stripped out of my clothes and took a quick shower. When I came out, there was an exquisite green dress laying on the bed. I picked it up. The material felt expensive.

Who wears such a glamorous dress for lunch. There was a knock on the door.

"The family has arrived" Rivka said from outside the door. Shit. I dropped the towel and quickly put on the dress. I didn't put on a bra because of the backless dress.

Rivka was still outside and she escorted me downstairs. I heard their voices before I saw them.

The moment I stepped into the sitting room, I paused. The room was crowded and I was overwhelmed.

"Oh don't be scared. Come here" a very mature woman said coming over to me with a wide smile.

"You're very beautiful" she sounded amazed.

"Thank you" I mumbled.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Paisley" she chuckled.

"You even have a pretty name. Oh goddess" I blushed shyly.

"Mama stop. You're overwhelming her" A pretty girl who looked just like her came over to us.