Chapter nineteen

The dress was the first thing I saw when I enter red the room. It was laying on the bed and I stared in awe. The silver dress was sparkling. It was so beautiful. My friends would absolutely love the dress.

I frowned in sadness. I missed my life and friends. I had to be strong. I entered the bathroom and got myself ready.

Once I stepped out of the bathroom in a robe, there was a knock on the door. Rivka came in with a beautiful woman.

"She'll be doing your hair and make up" Rivka explained before excusing herself.

The woman got to work. After a long hour or two, she was finally done with both the hair and the make up. When I looked in the mirror, I gasped.

She would be a popular in my town. Her work was exceptionally beautiful. I thanked her and she left the room.

I changed into my dress and I was even more amazed. I looked like an angel. When I got back home, I would definitely get a dress like this. Edel would love it.

After I was done, I stepped out of the room. The house was silent and I saw Rivka waiting at the door.

"Alpha Brayan is not here at the moment. The driver will take you and he'll meet you there"

I smiled. I didn't have to endure a car ride with that man.

We arrived at the destination twenty minutes later. It was a big restaurant and a butler was outside waiting for me.

"I'll take you up to your reservation" I smiled and followed behind me. He took my up a flight of stairs and another and to the fucking rooftop.

The view from here was fucking crazy. I wished I had a phone so I could take a picture of the view. I was so lost admiring the view that I didn't notice a lot of time had passed and I was no longer alone on the rooftop.

Someone cleared their throat and I turned. Brayan was standing in a tux, an unreadable expression on his face.

He looked mouth watering tonight. His hair styled sleekly and his tux fitted to perfection. I couldn't help but admire his chiseled jaw. He was so beautiful.

He cleared his throat again and I was snapped out of my trance.

"You're late" my tone was accusing but he just smiled. Why the fuck is he smiling.

"You look beautiful" I paused. I didn't expect him to say that to me. He had clearly shown how much he disliked me for a long time now. I didn't think he saw me as beautiful.

"Thank you" I mumbled out after staring at him for a long time.

"Shall we" he held his hand out. I looked at it and back to his face. Did... did he want me to take his hand? Is this Brayan or an alien had taken over his body. He didn't take back his hand and I put my hand in it.

The sparks were instant. It travelled up my arms and straight to my heart. My stomach fluttered and I tried to stay calm. He led me over to my seat and pulled the chair out for me.

His attitude was surprising and his unwavering gaze was making me nervous.

Our dishes were brought in and we ate in silence.

"How come you never talk about your family" he asked suddenly and the food in my mouth began to taste like sand. He had a very watchful eye.

"We..We are not close" I shrugged.

"That's strange. I was talking to Silas and he said you love your family so much and you all have a close relationship"

"You spoke to Silas?" I shouted and he cocked his head to the side.