Chapter seventeen

BRAYAN'S POV

I tried so hard to focus on the work set in front of me but I just couldn't. My thoughts were all over the place and my wolf was not helping at all.

He kept reminding me of the petite woman who was currently in our bedroom. I had a hard time controlling him and myself.

Maybe it was the face. Maybe because she looked so much like the woman I met in the human town. This was what I tried to tell myself and my wolf, but we both knew it was a lie.

I was attracted to her. Everything she did intrigued me. From the way she spoke to her defiance. It only made me hard for her. Two nights ago when I found her in my bed and she spoke back at me, I wanted to turn her over and redden her ass. Here her whimper from each strike of my palm and then feel in between her legs for wetness. I groaned at the mental image and shifted myself in my pants.

I had to avoid her, she was making me feel like a teenage pup who had no control over his desires. It would be tough because she lives in my fucking room and her scent was everywhere.

Her damned scent drive me crazy. I wanted to bury my nose in her clothes while I stroked myself to an orgasm. Her scent was so fucking addictive.

We should take her. My wolf suggested.

We can't. Firstly, her scent was all over Gannon. We both know what that meant.

It could have been another woman. My wolf argued.

I wanted to believe that but the scent was too exact with hers to belong to another woman. Secondly, she was an intruder. She looked exactly like the woman from the bakery shop but she smelled nothing like her. Nevaeh. She spoke gently and softly as opposed to the wild woman in my bedroom.

I need to find out what happened to Nevaeh and why this Paisley was brought in place of her. I pushed my chair back and left the office. I wasn't doing anything important so I might as well take a stroll.

I heard Mama and Aunt Whitely talking in the living room so I took another route. I didn't want to talk to either of them. As I drew closer to the room, her scent filled my nose. It was everywhere and I liked it. Too much.

I heard her panicked voice as i neared the door.

I pushed open the door and she had fear written all over her face. My eyes moved lower and I noticed the phone she was clutching in her hand.

She was acting suspicious.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

Her mouth opened and closed as she struggled to answer my question convincing me that she was indeed hiding something.

"I-I.." her fear vanished and was replaced with something else.

"It's none of your business" she said with an attitude and I scowled.

"I've warned you before. Do not talk to me without respect"

"Respect is earned. And you mister, you've not earned my respect"

I scoffed. "My patience with you is running thin. Do not tempt me"

"Is that a threat?"

I moved closer to her and smirked in satisfaction when she stiffened.

"Stay back" she said in a shaky voice but I ignored her and moved closer until I was drowning in her scent.

"The next time you disrespect me, I'll take you over my knees" her eyes widened and her breath hitched.