Chapter twenty

Last night was the first night spent in peace. There was no glaring from any side and he apologized again for Naomi's behavior. I had a lot to say about that child but I bit my tongue. She was special to me and he'll probably get upset if I said anything. It'll probably be the last time I'll see the girl.

We both agreed to sleep on the bed as the couch was no good for us. I made a pillow boundary between us as we slept. Although when I woke up, I was on his side of the bed. I must have rolled to his side.

He was not in the room when I woke up. I took a shower and wore pants and a tank top before going downstairs. It was hot today.

Winry was the only one at the table.

"Hello" I said cheerfully.

"Paisley" she shouted with a mouthful of bread.

Rivka came in with a tray of my breakfast and left us.

"It's almost like we never see each other except at the table"

"Right. You're never at home"

"It gets really boring so I like to spend time with my friends"

"Are you going anywhere today?"

"I was. But there's this event so my friends cancelled. I was thinking, maybe we can all hang out and get to know you"

"With Nouria?"

"And Marisol. You're going to be a permanent member of this family and I want us to get comfortable around each other.

"That's great" I smiled. I wanted to know them because they were very nice and when Nevaeh came, they'll be friendly with her making her life easy.

I heard a sound and two male laughters. Brayan stepped into the room, his eyes trained on me as he walked towards us. My eyes were on him too.

I completely forgot that he came in with another man until someone cleared their throat.

"Nice to see you Brandon" Winry said sweetly. Brandon? It was a B. This was Winry's secret lover.

She punched me and I was snapped back to reality.

"Sorry. I was thinking about something. Nice to meet you Tomas" I smiled at him. He was handsome and had copper blonde hair.

"He's Brayan's best friend" I looked at Brayan and back to Tomas. If he was Brayan's friend, then why was his relationship with Winry forbidden.

I was going to ask her the moment we were alone.

"Let's go to my office Tomas" Brayan said turning away.

"I'll see you some other time" he smiled at me before he ran after his friend.

"Have they been friends for a long time?"

"Childhood friends. I've texted Marisol and Nouria. They'll meet us at the restaurant"

"Okay" We finished at the table and left the house.

"So your family is close with his?"

"Are we still talking about Brandon?"

"Yes"

"Our families are really close and he was supposed to be mated to my older sister but.... she left. Our family relationship was strained for a while but everything is good now. Any mating between our family has been banned"

"Both families think it's better for us to remain friends. They want nothing to spoil that relationship"

"That's sad"