Chapter fifty-nine

Like we both wanted, the final ritual was held early. Not as early as both of us would like but two days later.

I was dressed in a new blue dress. It wasn't as simple as the first one I had chosen but it was equally as beautiful.

I was seating in the room waiting for Elowen to come and get me like the last time. I wasn't nervous just excited and eager to get this over with.

The door opened and I looked up. Brayan hurriedly enters the room and shut the door behind him.

"What are you doing here?" I shouted.

"I had to see you before we started"

"It's not allowed. It's bad luck" he rolled his eyes.

"No bad luck. You look very beautiful"

I blushed. "Thank you"

"I wish we didn't have to go through this first. I want to snatch you away and ravish you"

"But you can't" I heard voices.

"You have to go now"

"Give me a kiss first"

"Brayan" I complained looking at the door and fearing someone would come in.

"I'll just make myself comfortable until you kiss me"

"Fine" I grabbed his face and kissed him deeply.

He wanted to deepen it but I quickly pulled away.

"You have to go" I said firmly. He frowned but he nodded and left after blowing me a kiss in the air. I chuckled and went back to sitting.

Elowen came to the door few minutes later. She looked very beautiful and had a wide smile on her face.

"You look gorgeous honey" she kissed both my cheeks.

"We've done this before but I'm excited that you two are getting mated"

"I am too"

She held my fingers tightly in hers. "Thank you again. And you can still call me mom"

I blinked away the emotional tears. "Mom"

"Don't cry" she whispered.

"I'm not crying" I smiled through my tears.

"There. You'll ruin your make up" she cleaned my tears.

I hugged her tightly.

"It's time" I nodded. I looked in the mirror and made sure I looked okay.

She took my arms and we went downstairs. The guests were gathered like the last time and Elowen left me so that I walked alone to meet my mate at the time.

The women came up with their pot.

"Gwyneth" she looked at him.

"Can you hurry this up a bit. I'll like to get some quickly"

She nodded with a smile and the ritual began.

It was exactly like we had done the first one. The dance, the exchange of the pots and the blood bond.

After that was done, it was now time for the marking.

He held me tightly in his arms and he looked down at me with adoration.

"I love you" he whispered before he sunk his teeth into my neck.

The pain radiates from my shoulder and I screamed in pain. I tried to push him off him but he held on tightly.

When I thought I would pass out from the pain, it turned into pleasure and a strong feeling coursed through me.

The feeling of being connected to Brayan. I was overly aware of his presence and in tune with his feelings. He pulled away finally and licked the new mark.

It caused a jolt of pleasure through me and I moaned. He licked away the blood on his lips and kissed me deeply.

I returned the kiss with fervor and held onto him tightly. The crowd cheered and we both pulled away from each other and faced them. It was done. I was finally his.

"Congratulations" Winry hugged me. Marisol, Nouria and Elowen hugged me tightly and congratulated me.

The guests all came to offer their congratulations and slowly pushed themselves between Brayan and I.

I kept looking back frequently and our eyes met. I wanted him to come and take me away from the crowd but no such luck he was also swarmed with guests.

"I'll just take my mate with me for a bit" I was pulled back into a hard chest and I sighed in relief.

"I want us to get out of here now" he said after kissing me.

"Can't we?"

"Unfortunately we can't. There's still a little ritual we have to do before we can finally go"

"Another ritual? I thought this was the last one"

"It is. It's more like a traditional dance. We have to do it with the rest of the guests after a private dance and then we will go"

"Okay" it wasn't like we had a choice. We had to do it anyways.

We linked our arms and moved inside the house. He led me through another hallway. I've never been to this part of the house. He pushed a door open and we entered a large ballroom.

The other guests were arriving slowly and filling up the ballroom. A few people still came up to congratulate us and I smiled at them.

A slow song came on, similar to the one we used during the final ritual and Brayan led me to the center of the ballroom and pulled me in for a slow dance.

We swayed to the slow beat and I just enjoyed being in his arms. The dance floor slowly filled up and we all danced.

"It's almost time" he whispered in my ear.

"The final dance" someone yelled and I pulled part from him and I saw them form a circle around me.

The song changed a beat and they held their hands and danced around in a circle as they sang along to the beat.

"Are we supposed to join them?"

"No. We cheer them until they let us through and I take you to the cabin and ravish you. Unless you rather go somewhere else"

I shook my head. "I want it to be there"

No other place would be perfect. We both cheered them as they sang and danced and after a short while they let us through.

The car was waiting outside and as I reached for the door, he stopped me and kissed me roughly.

His fingers reached for the start of my dress and he stopped himself before I could stop him.

"I can't wait to have you"

He opened the door and helped me inside the car. A driver was already inside. He kissed me again as we drove through the forest until we got to the cabin.

He helped me out of the car and swept me off my feet, carrying me inside the cabin.

I heard the sound of the car driving off in the distance and I returned my focus to the man that meant the world to me.