Chapter forty-nine

BRAYAN's POV

I was tempted to turn around and go back into the house. Take her into my arms and tell her we could be together forever but that was impossible.

The blood bond was destroyed and if my family was still unaccepting of her, we would never complete that ritual and be together forever.

Her sister and friend eyed me as I left the house and entered the car. There was something strange about her sister. Her scent was off.

I drove away before my wolf would take over and force me to go back inside and mark her as mine. The desire to do that has been so strong and it was what eventually forced me here.

I had seen all of her messages and the ones she sent to Winry. My mother had forbidden me from seeing her but that wasn't the reason I stayed away.

Everyone was upset with her because she pretended but I was upset because I'm just finding out she had a fiancé and had plans to leave me. My wolf felt hurt and betrayed.

Seeing him here today did nothing but aggravate me. My wolf wanted to tear his limbs just for touching he but I restrained him.

I parked in the driveway and entered the building. Mama was waiting in the living room. She had a frown on her face. That was the only expression she has worn for the last two weeks.

"You went to see her after everything I said to you"

"It's my decision to see whoever I want to" I climbed up the stairs but I could hear her following me.

"And what? You rekindled your love?"

"You don't have to worry about that" she sighed deeply.

"Son...."

"Don't start please. I have a lot to do and I'll like to be left alone"

"This is partly my fault. I forced you to accept the female that was brought here even though I knew it wasn't necessary for you to accept her. I begged her to make things work with you. If I had known that she was a liar and...."

"Stop please" I cut her off again.

My wolf was getting angry at her for calling out mate names. I didn't want to snap at her.

"Your father and I had a long overdue talk. It's about the choosing of females" my eyes snapped to hers.

"I'm not choosing another female"

"We are not asking you to. In fact, we want to end that tradition. It's unfair to force those girls away from their home to become mates for our children"

"What happens to the alliance?"

"It doesn't have to be there anymore. We can all respect our land boundaries. There will be no war as long as no one attacks our kind and vice versa"

I nodded. "That's a good idea"

"You'll have a proper discussion with your father and you'll meet with the human leader to finalize it" I nodded at her.

She stood up and moved to the door.

"Try to forget her and move on"

"I wish it was that easy" I said. She didn't say any other thing and shut the door behind her. I ran my hands through my hair. I wouldn't be able to get any work done in this state.

My office door opened and Naomi entered inside hesitantly. She seemed nervous and I wondered if something has happened to her. I've barely had time to check on her for so long.

"Are you busy?" She asked with a soft voice.

"No. Is something wrong?" I rounded the desk so I could see her. She nodded.

"I want to tell you something important"

"What's that?"

"I-I..... that day when I told you that Paisley hit me...... I lied" I frowned.

"What are you saying?"

"She didn't hit me. She has never raised a finger to hurt me. It....it was aunt Whitley that made me do it"

"What the fuck" I shouted angrily. I had accused Paisley and I didn't bother to listen to her when she tried to explain.

The door opened and mama entered. She had a confused look on her face as she looked between I and a crying Naomi.

"What's going on? Why is she crying?" She pulled Naomi away from me.

"Why did you do it?"

"I was scared. She told me to do it or she would tell you the truth"

There was more truths?

"Continue speaking Naomi" I commanded harshly and she sniffled.

"She knew about mother Glynnis. That I lied about her hurting me" she cried harder.

"I don't understand Naomi. You lied about Glynnis hurting you?" Mama asked her and when she nodded, I felt like breaking something.

I fired Glynnis who served at the orphanage for many years over a lie? How did I let this happen?

"I was upset because she had punished me for something. I only did a few cuts on myself so you would believe my story. When I came here, I didn't want to go again because I liked living with you and I wanted to be your favorite. Aunt Whitley knew this too and so she asked me to cut myself again and lie against Paisley or she was going to tell you the truth. I'm sorry" she cried harder and i moved away from her. I wanted to believe that she was only joking and she did not do all this things. Mother had a shocked expression.

I always thought of Naomi as a little innocent girl. I never imagined that her heart could cook up something as evil as cutting herself just to frame another person.

How did I let my love for Naomi blind me so much that I couldn't carry out a proper and logical investigation to confirm the authenticity of her words.

"Naomi. How..." mama tried to form words but nothing came out.

"Please take her away and keep her in her room for now. When I get back, I'll decide what to do with her"

"No alpha. Please I'm sorry don't be upset with me" she cried as mama carried her away. I didn't look at her or let her tears move me. She had done a terrible thing and I was so disappointed but I couldn't hate her.

She will be punished for her actions and so will aunt Whitley but I will let dad deal with his sister.

For now, I needed to apologize and right the wrongs that I have done thinking I was serving justice and protecting Naomi.

I picked up my phone and dialed Garret's number. We were going to make a short trip.

I needed to find Glynnis and apologize to her.