Chapter thirteen

"Brayan? What's wrong?" His mother interrupted his glare.

"What's wrong? Why is she here?"

"You said... you knew she was coming today. Paisley is your mate"

"Paisley? My mate?" His furious glare shifted to me again before he stormed out angrily.

"My boy never disappoints" Whitley chuckled mockingly. She didn't deserve any aunty. She was a total bitch.

"Shut the fuck up or get the hell out of here Whitely" Dakarai shouted at her angrily and she stopped laughing.

"I'm sorry for his behavior. I don't..." Elowen started but was cut off by her mate. She looked really confused.

"I'm apologize for my sons attitude. You should get some rest before dinner. Winry will escort you back to your room"

I nodded. Winry was silent as she followed me back to my bedroom. Brayan was so hostile and unwelcoming. Like he didn't expect to see me here. I sniffed my clothes. He had mentioned my scent. Did I smell bad?

I smelled alright. He was just being a jerk. Will Nevaeh have to go through this?

'Stop thinking about her. She betrayed you' my subconscious reminded. I scoffed. I can never forget what she did to me but that doesn't mean I'll stop caring about her well being.

I was left alone in the room doing nothing but stare at the ceiling as I lay on the bed.

I fell asleep curled in a ball in my beautiful dress. The sheets smelled masculine.

The banging on the door woke me up. "I'll be out mama" I grumbled and snuggled deeper into the heavenly pillows. The banging continued and I groaned sitting up in bed.

When did my room turn into this? I wondered for a second. Looking around in fright before remembering I was no longer at home. I sighed and climbed down from the bed. I opened the door and saw Rivka standing there with a yellow dress in her hand.

"This is your dress for dinner. It'll be served in two hours" I frowned. Didn't we just have lunch now.

"Thank you" I said instead and watched her walk down the hallway. I shut the door and looked at the dress. It was shorter than the one I was wearing but still as beautiful.

I looked at the bedside clock and realized it was already past 5. I stripped out of the green dress and took a shower. The bathroom had masculine products arranged. I wondered if the room belonged to a male. I placed my things on the free space and left the bathroom.

I changed into the yellow dress and sat on the bed. I was not looking forward to this dinner. Brayan had made it clear he didn't like me and it would be uncomfortable for me to stay by his side for dinner.

As I sat on the bed and waited for dinner, I wondered how everyone at home was doing. I thought about Nevaeh. Was she okay? Had she eaten? Was she sad?

I prayed she was alright and doing well and I prayed mama and papa would find her soon. I also thought about Edel. I couldn't wait for all this to be over so I could go back to him. The moment this pretense ended, I was getting married to the love of my life.

There was a knock on the door. It's time Paisley. You can do this. I encouraged myself and went to the door. Instead of Rivka, I saw Elowen waiting at the door with a wide smile.

She was wearing a pretty shade of blue and had her auburn hair in a messy bun.

"You look beautiful as always" she said admiring the dress.