Chapter fifty

I rolled out of bed on my own today. Since Brayan's visit, Kamiko has been walking on egg shells around me. I had cried a lot and I was tired of crying. There was nothing I could do to bring Brayan back or make him forgive me.

I've grieved enough, and I have decided to continue with my life. First stop was to go and see my parents and have a proper discussion with them and finally, see Edel and end things properly.

"You're up" Kamiko said. She was making breakfast.

"Yes. I'm going over to the house. I need to speak with my parents"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. It's long overdue" she nodded.

"Are you going to stay for breakfast?" I shook my head.

"I can't wait. I have a lot of things to do today"

"Okay. But try and have something to eat"

"I will" if I felt hungry but I didn't add that last part. I stepped outside. The sun was shining brightly in the sky. I started the trek towards the house. I felt eyes on me as I walked past and some murmurs.

The villagers have already heard about what happened. I overheard Nevaeh mention it to Kamiko that the villagers were agitated. Some wanted us to be sent back to the beasts to pacify them and others wanted our family to be punished if there was any need instead of the entire villagers.

I expected some to attack me but no one did. They simply murmured and stared at me. I was glad when I finally got to the house. Although I acted unbothered, it made me very uncomfortable.

"Paisley" mama was surprised when she saw me but I could see the excitement on her face.

"Mama" I hugged her tightly. She squeezed her arms around me.

"I've missed you my child" she snuggled.

"I've missed you too" we stayed in that position for a while, simply just holding each other until she pulled away.

"I'll get your father" I nodded and she walked into the house. I made myself comfortable on the couch.

"Paisley?" Coulter also had a surprised look on his face.

"Coulter" I hav not seen him in over a month.

I hugged him tightly. He looked thinner and even had overgrown beards. All that happened must have been tough on him.

"You've lost a lot of weight" I squeezed his arms for emphasis.

"You should be worried about yourself"

"I'm okay now. Are you?" He nodded but I could tell from his eyes that he was anything but okay. He was locking up his emotions and would most likely talk about it when he was ready.

"Paisley" Papa called from the other doorway. I moved over to him and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry child"

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize every time you see me. It has already happened and all we can do is move from it. Like Nevaeh said, we are family"

"Nevaeh came to see you?" Coulter asked. He had an angry expression on his face.

"Yes"

"That..."

"Coulter" mama cut him off sharply. I looked between them. There was a lot of tension between them.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yes" mama said quickly.

"No it's not"

"Coulter" papas said his name in warning but he ignored them.

"She's a bitch and I'm surprised you'll forgive her after everything"

"Coulter. She's family"

"Family shouldn't act like she had been acting"

"She's sorry for her actions and I've forgiven her. I want to move on and I obviously can't do that if I don't forgive her. You should forgive her too"

He scoffed. "I'll never forgive her or trust her and you shouldn't too" he stood up immediately after that and left the house ignoring my calls.

"Let him be. He took the situation harder than the rest of us. He's temperamental and he'll need some time to get over his anger"

It sounded deeper than that. "Are you sure? There's nothing else that happened?" I asked because I had a hunch that there was something else and I wanted to know what it was.

"Nothing happened. Truly" I studied mama and she sounded sincere. I nodded.

It will be truly foolish for them to lie to me again just when I had forgiven them. We would never bounce back from that ever. I'll simply just forget that I have a family.

"The alpha.... He was here the other day"

"Yes. He wanted to talk. How are you papa"

"Fine..."

"Is everything okay between the both of you?" Mama cut him off.

"Can we please not talk about this" I snapped harshly at her and instantly regretted it when her face fell.

"Sorry. I..."

"It's okay Paisley. I shouldn't have asked"

"How are you doing child? Have you had anything to eat?"

"Yes. I ate quite early today. I have a few things to do today"

"You don't have to jump back into work just yet. Take sometime off until you're sure you're completely okay" Papa advised.

"It's not work. I doubt I still have a job anyway" I chuckled remembering how I had spoken to my boss just before I went to the beasts town.

"Edel came over to see me yesterday and we didn't finish our conversation because the alpha interrupted us. I want to see him and end thugs properly"

"Are you sure honey?" They both asked at the same time and I nodded.

"It's the right thing to do. I don't love Edel anymore and it'll be unfair to remain with him when my heart clearly belongs to another"

They nodded. "Do what you need to. As long as it makes you happy"

"Thank you" I smiled at them.

"Where is Nevaeh?" It was quite early but it looked like she wasn't at home.

"She is probably at the pastry shop" mama said quickly.

"Okay" I'll most likely stop there on my way to Edel's. She mentioned that Waverly and Bellamy had been stopping by everyday hoping that they could see me. I'll get the chance to see them today.

"Has there been any issues with the villagers?"

"Issues? Why will there be any issues" Papa asked with a forced laugh.

"There's no need to hide it from me papa. I already heard Kamiko and Nevaeh talk about it"

"There nothing we can't handle. They'll eventually grow tired of it and things will go back to normal"

I doubled that. Not when there was a looming threat of the wolves attacking them. I was extremely sure that there wouldn't be any of that but the villagers didn't know it.