Chapter fifty-seven

The large cap covering my face from the sun was flicked off and I frowned at Kamiko.

"You're spoiling my relaxation"

She scoffed. "You've been like that for too long. I was thinking your mind has wandered somewhere"

"It hasn't and it'll not" I wanted to put the cap over my face but she stopped me.

"Let's do something fun tonight"

"Okay. We can watch a movie" I wanted to put the cap back again but she stopped me. I groaned in frustration. I was trying to enjoy some alone time but she was making it difficult.

"No. Not a movie. Let's go out. Maybe for drinks or to a club"

"No" I wasn't even considering the idea. I had no intention of going anywhere.

"But why?"

"I don't want to Kamiko. Please let me be" I finally put the cap back in place over my head.

"I won't let you be" she snatched it off and I growled at her.

"You didn't drag me from out town and make me abandon my work just to sit indoors everyday. I'm losing my damn mind" she complained.

It was true that we've been indoors since we came except when we wanted to use the pool. I was fine with that. Just eating, watching movies and laughing. I was always feeling tired lately and I slept often and for very long hours.

"I'm really tired honey. I thought you were enjoying staying indoors with me"

"I am. Well I was but I'm tired. You know I hate to be at a place for so long and not do anything. I'm going crazy"

Yeah. I had completely forgotten. Normally, I wouldn't stay indoors like this but I had no excitement to be outside.

"You can go if you want to. I'm not feeling it"

"No. Not working. You're coming with me. I'm not allowing you sit here by yourself and mope"

"I'm not moping"

"You are and you're gaining a lot of weight. Come let's go and burn some of that fat" she squeezed my belly fat and we both chuckled.

"I'm really not feeling it. My head hurts and I just want to sleep"

"Okay no clubbing then. We can do something simple. Maybe dinner or a walk. It'll do you some good. I don't want you inside all the time"

I rolled my eyes. She was right. I came here to get better and sitting indoors wasn't doing it for me.

"Come on. Let's get dressed"

"It's not time yet" I grumbled.

"We'll just pick out our dresses and pamper ourselves until it's time. I'll book a reservation" I nodded and she went inside leaving me alone for now.

She was right earlier. My mind was doing a lot of wandering it wasn't supposed to. I thought a vacation would be an easier route to forgetting about everyone and everything but it wasn't that simple as I hoped.

Not when my mind kept going back to Brayan. What he was doing, if he moved on already and if it affected him that I was gone.

It was worse the first week but it had gotten a bit better in the last two weeks. I got a message and I checked my phone.

It was from Coulter. He was checking in on me as usual. I sent him a quick reply and switched off my phone.

Coulter has been really supportive of my decision going away but he began to worry after the first week especially because our parents kept asking after me. I told him not to inform anyone and it seems like he had kept to his promise.

I heard my name from upstairs and I went inside. I took a big drink from the water glass and went into the bedroom to get ready for the night with Kamiko.

Four hours later, we were dressed and ready to go out for our dinner. She said we didn't need a car because the village was just as small as ours and we could get to anywhere we wanted on foot.

I admired the scenery. It wasn't a bad place and I was seriously considering relocating permanently to this side. I haven't mentioned it to Kamiko because I had a feeling she would be against the idea.

Maybe tomorrow I could do scouting for a decent job around and then tell her that I won't be returning home with her.

Our table had a very nice view of the city. Their food was perfect and I enjoyed every bit of it. After our meal, we strolled around while we talked. I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt but above all, I really enjoyed the night out.

"Thank you for making me do this" I smiled at her.

"You're welcome. I'm glad you liked it. We'll be doing more of this now"

"Definitely" we both chuckled and linked out arms together as we made our way home.

She unlocked the front door when we arrived and we entered inside. I went straight to the kitchen for a glass of water. I was drinking when I heard a scream.

I dropped the glass suddenly causing it to break. But I didn't state to pack it up. I hurried towards the sound of the scream because I feared Kamiko was in danger. I stopped and stared in disbelief as I saw Elowen and Winry sitting in the bedroom.

"You're... you're here?" I was in complete shock. How did they find me. I didn't expect to see them, what were the odds?

"Yes. We needed to see you urgently. Nobody would tell us where you went and I had to forces the information out of your brother. Not with physical force though" Elowen chuckled.

"I told him not to tell anyone. Did something happen?"

Elowen sighed and looked at Winry before she started speaking.

"Yes. I want to apologize too for doing everything I did after the truth came out. I was furious and made decisions without thinking properly. I didn't expect you to show up at the house and apologize. It moved something in me and I totally understand why you did what you did. I would have done the same for my family. Because I was upset, I swore not to partake in the blood bond and by doing that, I kept you away from Brayan. He has been a complete mess without you and it made me realize that he needs you so much"

"It truly hasn't been the same without you in the house. We forgive you and we miss you so much" Winry added and it brought tears to my eyes.

"From my findings, you have suffered from the separation as much as he has. I know you both love each other and we're willing to support you and go through with the final ritual if you want"

I wanted this so much. It felt unreal heading it. Almost like it was a dream. If they accepted it then I could be with Brayan and have my true happiness. But before I said anything, I just wanted to find out something.

"Does he knows about this?"

"He doesn't" my face fell.

"He has been too moody and doesn't let anyone enter his space but we know he'll be happy to see you"

My heart leapt. He always said their blessings was what was holding us back.

"Paisley?"

If there was a shot at this, then I was giving it a damn try.