Chapter forty-one

I didn't think about it much. I just wanted to change out of the swim suit, and crawl into bed. I was standing in the room naked when Brayan came in.

"You've really been tempting me all day" he leaned against the door as he stared at me.

I smiled and cocked my hips to the side.

"Then come and get me" I said in a sultry voice.

He groaned. "I wish I could. I've been dying to but custom demands we have to be celibate until the day of the mating ritual"

"Are you rejecting this" I pointed to myself and he growled.

"No. I'm just being cautious. You're tempting enough as you are but if I touch you, we'll have to go all the way. And I want to wait"

"That's new" I walked into the bathroom for my short shower. I was enjoying the warm water when the sliding doors opened. Brayan was standing there also naked.

"I thought you wanted to wait until the final ritual" I said as he joined me under the spray.

"I did some thinking and I have other ideas" he captured my lips in a searing kiss. His hands sliding to my ass and grabbing a handful.

"Let's go outside" I murmured against his lips but he didn't let me go.

"I'm cold" I pulled away from the kiss. We went outside and I quickly dried myself. I was rummaging through the closet for something to wear when a shirt landed on me. It smelled like Brayan.

"What's this?" I held it with my finger tips.

"My shirt. I want you to wear it"

"And you just threw it in my face?"

"Wear it to bed. I want you to"

"Say please" he grinned.

"Please" I let the towel drop and pretended not to notice his intense gaze. I quickly took his hands and we entered into the room.

There was a knock on the door and he went to get it. He came with a tray of food and we ate together.

After we were done, a maid came to get the plates. I noticed it wasn't Rivka. I had not seen her in a long while.

"Where is Rivka?"

He shrugged. "I don't know"

I frowned. I was going to ask Elowen about her tomorrow.

I lay silently in Brayan's arm.

"Tell me about your life in the human town" i tensed.

"Something wrong? You don't have to say anything if you don't want to"

"No. I want to"

"I'm the second child out of three children and I'm a twin"

"Really? Identical?"

"Yes" I said in a soft voice.

"Are you guys close? I hear identical twins are usually very close"

"We were" I said still thinking about how close Nevaeh and I used to be. We loved each other so much and did everything together.

"That's in past tense. You're not close anymore?"

"No. Not anymore"

"What changed"

"Sometimes you think you know someone so well but then they turn around and make you realize you don't know shit. Try to hurt you more than an outsider and turn out to be the most selfish person"he stayed silent. I didn't want the conversation to end. I wanted to know things about him too.

"You. Tell me about yourself"

"There's nothing much to say. You've met my family"

"There has to be something. Something no one knows" he chuckled.

"I'm an open book. But I'll tell you things you don't know"

"I'm listening"

"Well, I didn't want to get mated"

"I knew that already"

"But you didn't know why"

"Growing up, it has always been in my head that a mate would be chosen for me. I didn't like the idea. I wanted to find someone and fall in love. Cliche but that was what I wanted. But then I decided to give things a try because I was already catching feelings" i tensed. What was he saying.

"Catching feelings? You have feelings for someone else?" I asked bewildered.

He chuckled. "No. I don't. I've not finished speaking yet"

"Okay" I mumbled.

"Paisley" he moved and we were facing each other. His eyes held the most emotions I had ever seen.

"I don't know when or how it happened. Maybe it was when I realized that it would be difficult to be without you in my bed, not seeing you when I woke up in the morning. Fuck maybe since the first day you snapped at me"

"This might not seem like the best time to say it but I doubt there'll be a more perfect time"

"But I want you to know..... I love you. So fucking much"

It was there on the tip of my tongue and I didn't hesitate to say it.

"I love you too"

"You do?" He asked in disbelief.

"I may have realized it a lot later than you did but I'm certain about how I feel"

"I love you again. And I'll spend the rest of our life telling you just how much and proving it"

I never thought there would be a time I'll live someone more than I loved Edel and not feel guilty about it. I thought I knew what love was with Edel but I'm suddenly realizing that I knew absolutely nothing. With Brayan, I had everything and I was happy.

I kissed him deeply, our tongues battling against each other and I let him take control.

The truth. I would have to tell him the truth about Nevaeh soon. I wouldn't be seeing my family again and I have accepted that.

The chances of them finding out I am the wrong twin was thin but I needed to tell him the truth.

We continue kissing as he kneads my soft flesh and plays with my nipples through the shirt. I groan softly in to his mouth as my nipples harden under his touch. My fingers move to his biceps, clutching them tightly and marveling at the hard muscles underneath my palms.

"Brayan" I moaned into his mouth.

He pulled away from the kiss.

"We have to stop or I won't be able to anymore. Fuck you tempt me so much"

"You tempt me too" I said and he kissed my neck, his hot breath tickling my skin.

"My mark will be here" he licked my skin and I shivered but he pulled away from me.

"Will it hurt"

"No, It'll be the best feeling in the world"

"I can't wait" I mumbled. He kissed me again before pulling me into his arms.

I couldn't wait to finally become his.

He pulled the covers over us and I settled against his hard chest, the steady beating of his heart pulling me into a deep sleep.