Chapter thirty-eight

Elowen and Winry were waiting downstairs for me. Brayan wanted to keep me in bed all morning but Elowen was having none of it. She had been banging on the door non stop and Brayan had no choice but to let me go.

"We're late. Marisol and Nouria have been waiting for us for over an hour now"

"I'm sorry" I blushed.

"It's fine. It's Brayan's fault anyways. We must be on our way now" we followed her outside were a car was waiting already. The drive to the dress shop was quite a long one. Every other place was quite close to the house.

Marisol and Nouria were waiting inside the shop with hot cups of coffee in their hands.

"Finally. I thought we'll have to reschedule" Marisol said.

"We have limited time on our hands. We can't afford to reschedule. Let's go in"

The attendant at the desk curtsied as she welcomed us in.

"I already called ahead" Elowen said.

"Yes. I understand it is for the mating ball. Do you have something specific in mind? I can show you the best dresses available and maybe you can make your choice from there"

That would be a better idea. If I wanted my dream gown, they would have to do a lot of work.

"I'll see the ones you have" she nodded.

"Please come with me" she turned and we followed behind her.

"You have to pick a blue dress" Winry said from behind me.

I frowned. "Why? Aren't we supposed to use a white dress?" Since the mating ball was like a wedding ceremony and white was the usual colour, I assumed I would be using a white dress.

"You already chose blue"

I frowned. "I did? When?"

I tried to remember if there was anytime we talked about dresses and I mentioned I was going to be picking a blue dress.

"The first ritual. You wore a blue dress"

Oh that. When I was choosing a blue dress, I didn't think the color would matter. I remember Gwyneth saying something about the colour I had chosen.

"You selected a blue dress for your first ritual and you must use a blue dress for the final ritual? Is that a problem for you?" She asked concerned.

"No. I like the blue colour. It's just that I always thought I'll use a white dress for my wedding"

"Ohhh. We can always do another ceremony. You can wear white in that one but for the last ritual, you must wear the blue"

"No. Another wedding is unnecessary" I said quickly. I couldn't do another wedding just because i wanted to wear a white dress. The shop assistant finally stopped at a door and we all entered. It was a vast room with a tall mirror at one end of the room and variety of dresses hanging from the extension in the wall.

The dresses were beautiful and eye catching. It would be difficult to pick out a dress from these beauties.

"Get the best of them"

"Yes ma'am" we sat down on the fluffy red couch while she brought out the dresses.

The first dress was an ankle length blue dress. I didn't like it at all.

"Can I get another one?"

"Sure" she disappeared for a few minutes and returned with another dress.

"Try these on" she handed it to me. I went into the dressing room and tried the dress on. The attendant helped me to fix the back while I admired it in the mirror.

It was a beautiful dress but I wouldn't wear it for my wedding. It was open at the back and was too thick. It also felt heavy while I walked around.

I stepped out and I heard a squeal.

"It's beautiful"

"You look gorgeous"

"I think we've found the one" Winry, Marisol and Nouria said at the same time.

"Do you like it darling?" Elowen asked.

"It's beautiful"

"But?"

"I think I want something else" I said softly. I didn't want to sound picky.

"Then we'll see something else. It's going to be your wedding. You should pick something you'll love" I smiled at her. She was a good person. Very comfortable to be with.

The attendant followed me into the dressing room and helped me take off the dress. I tried another but I still didn't like it. Most of the dresses are just pretty to look at. They had too many flaws. Either it was too heavy or too revealing or something was excess.

I was beginning to feel like I wouldn't like any of the dresses here.

Winry and Marisol were gone when I came out after my sixth try. They must have been tired of my indecisiveness.

"They went to get something quickly. They'll be back"

The attendant gave me another dress and helped me wear it. The moment I looked in the mirror, I knew instantly that it will be the one for me.

The blue dress flared at my hips and came down to my ankle. It had a long slit up my right leg, stopping at mid thigh. The top was a corset dress decorated with tiny cut diamond stones. It had no hands leaving my shoulders and the top of my breasts bare. It was a simple dress but it was extremely beautiful.

I stepped out and I could see the approval in Elowen's eyes. I had finally found the perfect dress. Winry and Marisol came back at that time with bags on their hands. I read the inscription and I gasped.

"Lingerie?" They are like Kamiko. I smiled remembering her. I didn't wear these things but she often convinced me to get them.

"Brayan won't know what hit him" Marisol said and everybody chuckled while I blushed.

"There are small adjustments to be made to the dress. It'll be sent over to your home by evening.

"Okay then. Thank you very much"

"You're welcome. Thanks for coming" the attendant said with a huge smile. We all left the building and we also got shoes from a shop nearby. They too were going to send it to the house much later. Elowen insisted we all stop at a restaurant for some food. I was so tired and I wanted to go home but I couldn't argue with her.

"So. I did some little preparations for all of us to relax and unwind before the final mating"

Ahh. The beach party she mentioned yesterday. I thought everyone knew about it already?

"What's that?" Marisol asked.

"A beach party for the family"

It sounds like it's going to be interesting.