Chapter fifty-two

"What's going on?" I asked still confused.

"Paisley..." I looked at Nevaeh.

"How did you get in" Edel asked and I shifted my gaze to him.

"I saw the keys at the normal place. I needed to talk to you" he didn't respond.

"I saw a pregnancy test here Nevaeh. Are you pregnant?"

"Paisley. Just be calm. I can explain"

"Why are you even in his house. I went to the shop and you weren't there. No. You haven't been there in two days. Is this where you've been?" I asked calmly.

My thoughts were running a thousand miles per hour. It wasn't what I was thinking. It couldn't be.

"We..." she scratched her hair and looked at Edel.

"Speak now" I shouted angrily.

"Nevaeh and I are dating" Edel blurted out.

I giggled and then it turned to full on laughter. They were dating?

"Tell me it's a joke"

"I'm serious Paisley. Nevaeh and I are dating" I looked at her waiting for her to deny it but her guilty expression said it all.

"You're dating Edel? Since when?"

"I-I... we"

"You stutter now? You didn't when you were vomiting a lot of shit in the past"

"Don't talk to her like that" Edel stood between us.

"I'll talk to her however I fucking want"

"I was going to tell you Paisley. I wanted everything to blow off" she stepped around him but kept a good distance away from me. Good for her because I was itching to rip her fucking face out.

"You've not answered my question Nevaeh. How long?" It didn't look new and it definitely didn't feel like it was. She didn't respond and I snapped at her harshly.

"How fucking long?"

"Four months" she said quickly.

"Four months?" I muttered.

The two of them had been dating for four months? I scoffed. This wasn't real. I pinched myself.

"We were going to tell you"

I scoffed again. "When? After we got married? When you had the baby? When did you fucking plan to tell me?"

"I was going to tell you as soon as you came back. The pregnancy came as a shock to both of us" she had the nerve to shout at me.

"And you Edel, if all this was happening, why did you come to me yesterday"

"I asked him too" Nevaeh cut in.

"You asked him too?"

"I felt guilty for what we were doing to you. I've always felt guilty and after you lost your new love, I wanted him to try and make things work to you"

"So you could keep lying to me?"

"Your making this difficult" she shouted in exasperation.

"I'm making this difficult? You're the one that slept with her sisters boyfriend and got pregnant for him"

"Ex. Ex boyfriend"

"But he was my boyfriend when you started four affair"

"Don't shout Paisley. All of this, it's your fault. You pushed me to her"

I scoffed yet again.

"You want to play the cliche card of blaming me?"

"Nobody is blaming you. I was attracted to you but you wouldn't give me what I want"

"And so you ran to my sister?"

No response. I looked back at Nevaeh who was shedding tears. False tears in my opinion.

Coulter was right. She was a fucking bitch and she didn't deserve my forgiveness. I was only going to find out that she did something even worse.

"When you ran away, while you hid from all of us and while you claimed that you were on business, you two simply just ran away to have some lovers time?" They didn't answer. They didn't need to. I already knew what the answer would be.

"Did mama and papa know about it?"

She hesitated. "Yes"

Of course they knew. I was the only one who didn't. It was happening right under my nose but I was still the last to find out.

"Don't be upset with them. They recently just found out because Coulter knew but they don't know about the pregnancy. Nobody does"

She also wanted to tell me how to feel? Whether to get angry or not?

"I came here to tell you that things were over between us but it looks like it ended a long time ago" I shifted my gaze to Nevaeh.

"There really nothing I have to say to you. Time and time again, I've forgiven you and acted selflessly for your own interests but what did you pay me with? Betrayal each time. I've overlooked your excesses each time but no more" she sobbed loudly but I ignored her.

I felt nothing as I looked at her. No emotions whatsoever. I sigh I could scream, vent, hit her to assuage some of the rage I felt but I couldn't.

"Mama and papa aren't even better. They've protected and covered for you even though it hurt me. But I can no longer take it anymore. As of today, you're no longer my family. None of you. I want absolutely nothing to do with any of you"

"Paisley" she tried to touch me but Edel held her back. Good for them because I didn't know what my reaction would be like if she tried to touch me.

"Don't ever show up in front of me. If you do, I won't regret my actions towards you" I grabbed my bag from the table and left the house.

It was only when I was out of the house that the tears dropped from my eyes. Where did I go wrong in loving all of them that they just kept doing me dirty every damn time.

Her loud sobs faded as I moved further away from the house, my legs just moving in no direction.

I wasn't even hurt that they were dating now or she was expecting a damn child. I wasn't even upset anymore that they lied to me in the past, probably mocked me while they fooled around.

I was upset because she found her happiness and destroyed mine. She should never had showed up since she had already gotten the perfect life I know she has always wanted.

When I finally took notice of my surroundings, I was in the forest. I turned around and noticed that I had come a long way. I heard the sound of water running in the distance and decided to move further. I could spend sometime here for a long time until I decided it was time to go home.

I legs further and found the small river with locks around but I noticed something just after the river, the cabin house.

It looked so much like the cabin house Brayan and I had used for our third ritual.