Chapter forty-six

I didn't know when I slept off but I woke up to a pounding on my door. I pulled the pillow over my head to block out the sound but it only continued. My bladder was also full and it was pushing me to relieve it but I ignored it.

"Paisley. It's me Kamiko. Please open the door I need to see you" Kamiko? Why was she here?

"Paisley" she called again and I sighed. Mama must have called her to come and get me out of my room knowing her insistent nature. She knocked again and I rolled out of bed and went into the bathroom to relieve myself.

I didn't bother to wash my face even though I knew I looked like shit. She was still pounding the doors when I came out and I opened the door for her. She quickly engulfed me in a tight hug.

"Goodness Paisley. I've missed you so much. I didn't know what was happening until today" I could hear the pity in her voice and I hated it.

I sighed and pulled away from her.

"I didn't get a chance to tell you. It happened quickly"

"This is so unbelievable. How could Nevaeh do this to you?" I shrugged.

No matter how many times I asked myself this question, there was never an answer.

"Edel wasn't around too so I thought you both went on a short trip and decided to switch off your phone from the outside world"

"I would never switch off my phone like that"

"Are you okay to talk about what happened? Your mothers explanation was hurried and I didn't get much except that Nevaeh ran away so you could go in her place. When she told me you weren't eating or talking to anyone, I had to rush down"

"It's fine Kamiko. Just lay down with me" she nodded and climbed into bed with me holding me tightly.

"I never thought I would fall in love with another" I started and she just ran her fingers through my hair.

"Mama forced me to go there with the promise that Nevaeh would be found before the month runs out and I could come back. They didn't find her or maybe they were hiding her all along. She showed up there, called my new number but somehow they all claimed she was difficult to find" Everytime I thought about it, it just couldn't make any sense to me.

"I had finally found happiness. Accepted that i was going to spend the rest of my life with a man that I now loved but Nevaeh shows up and ruins it all for me. I begged her not to but she didn't care" I cried into her clothes.

"Don't cry" she comforted me but I couldn't stop. When I had cried out all the tears in me, I stopped.

"I don't think it's healthy for you to be here anymore"

"I don't want to go anywhere" I grumbled. My voice was hoarse and my throat scratchy.

"We'll go to my house. Being here will only drain you" that was a good idea.

"Okay" she rolled out of bed and grabbed my unpacked box.

"Do you want to take a shower so we can leave?"

I shook my head. "I'll just wash my face and meet you outside" she nodded and i entered the bathroom. I washed my face quickly and avoided looking at the mirror as I came out.

I grabbed both of my phones and left the room. Kamiko was talking to my parents but they stopped as soon as they saw me.

"I'm ready to go" I said to Kamiko not sparing them a glance.

"Paisley..." mama started.

"Let her be" father said in a hard voice.

She ignored him and came closer to where I stood. If she tried to touch me, I was going to just move away from her.

"I'm sorry for everything that has happened. You don't know how much I wish I can go back and change it all. But I can't and I hope one day you'll forgive me. Us. And we can move past this. I don't want you to leave with Kamiko but if it'll make you feel better...."

"Let's go Kamiko" I cut her off and moved towards the door. Kamiko's car was parked outside and I got into the front.

My parents stood at the front door looking at us and Kamiko drove away.

I looked outside the window just watching as everyone went about their business. We passed by the pastry shop. It was deserted. I scoffed, we put in so much work for the expansion and it went to waste like that.

Kamiko parked in the drive way and we entered the house. She showed me to the guest bedroom.

"Will you like anything to eat?"

I shook my head. "Not hungry"

"Come on Paisley. You'll dry up if you keep refusing food. Your mother says you've had nothing to eat since your return"

"I'm not hungry"

"Eat a little at least. I can make your favorite"

"When did you learn how to cook" I asked confused.

"I meant buy it" I smiled. How did she forget she couldn't make anything.

"I'll just have some cereal"

"No. Not cereal. I mean some proper food"

"I'm really not hungry"

"But eat just a little. Maybe some Pizza"

"Okay" I agreed. Kamiko was but like my parents. If I didn't agree, she'll only keep disturbing me. I'll just eat a little and she'll let me be.

"Come out to the living room"

"I want to lay down for a bit"

"You've been doing that. Sit with me. Let's talk for sometime"

"Kamiko.." I complained.

"Paisley. You're my family. I don't want anything to happen to you"

"Nothing will happen to me. I'm fine. Let me just rest for a bit and I'll join you outside" she looked like she wanted to argue or say more but she just nodded and went outside the room leaving me alone.

I looked at my phone. There was no response from Brayan. The message has not been read. I sighed. At this rate, I was never going to speak to Brayan.

I had a mind to go and find him so we could speak to each other but my fear of Elowen wouldn't let me. She may rip me apart. I sighed and dropped the phone.

"Are you coming?"

"Yes" I shouted and finally stood up to join her outside.

Kamiko did everything she could to make me smile. To make me forget but nothing could make me forget.