Chp - 04

All the prostitutes were carried to the dungeons of the windshire palace.

All the servants, valets and soldiers of the palace halted at their places, seeing princess Harriet, hands tied with chains, bruised cheeks, swollen eyes, silk corset covered with dirt and blood, knee bleeding, leaving trail of blood on the shiny floor as she was limping.

Whisper rose in the background, some valets were looking at her with disgust, some pitied on her

"Isn't she princess Harriet?"

"Look at her wounds"

"She eloped with her lover"

"What happened to her ?"

"I heard her lover betrayed her"

"What did she expect to get, leaving royalty behind, she ruined her own life"

"I feel sad for her"

"She deserved it for loving that filthy servant"

"Did they found her in a brothel, shame on her"

"She degraded royal family's name"

Harriet was silently listening to all the taunts. She was devoid of every human emotion.

Princess of Velour is now prisoner in her own kingdom.

"Silence, get back to your work" James shouted and all of them scattered to their work. His patience was running short, he has to talk to harriet.

If she eloped with her lover, how did she end up in a brothel.

where is her lover ?

Did those thugs killed her lover ?

They reached the dungeons, james ordered the soliders to leave

They reached the dungeons, james ordered the soliders to leave. He took Harriet to the hidden room in the basement. It was used in times of wars as a hiding place for women and children.

"Harriet, what happened, tell me ?" James was panicking inside.

She just stood there without uttering a single word.

"Harriet, I can help you, just tell me what happened ? Did they kill your lover? " James was getting impatient with each passing second.

He just wanted to find that person and rip their head off for what they have done to Harriet.

"I'm a prisoner General and it's against the law to help a prisoner" Her face was blank.

"I asked my little sister, not to princess of Velour" James carresed her face.

He felt like someone has pierced a dagger in his chest, when harriet addressed him as General.

Just then someone knocked the door from outside. James opened the door, it was his personal servant.

"What are you doing here ?, don't you know no one is allowed here without my permission" James shouted at him.

"I-I know my liege, I was looking for you in the dungeons, one soldier told me you went to hidden room, I have emperors message" He bowed before James.

"What ?" James asked.

"Emperor has asked for your presence in the court room now" He informed.

"Leave, I'm coming" James ordered the servant went inside the room.

"Harriet, I will visit at night" James left the basement and headed towards the court room.

James entered the court room, he thought emperor would have called a meeting, but no one was there except the emperor standing at the window, having the view of his kingdom. He cruel and ruthless nature is hidden under those silk robes, very richly patterned cloth, especially Byzantine silk, woven and embroidered for the upper classes.

David Egon styles-II ( Emperor of Velour kingdom), named after his grandfather, he is cruel and ruthless just as his grandfather, his pride is everything to him.

He always said worriors are born without heart, there is no place for emotions, family and love in worriors life

He always said worriors are born without heart, there is no place for emotions, family and love in worriors life. It makes them weak.

"My emperor, your servant was told that his highness has asked for his presence" James bowed before the emperor.

"There are whispers among the servants of this palace, Royal army general has found their disgraced princess in a brothel" Emperor turned around to look at James.

James kept his head down, nose flared in anger, hands balling up into fists when he heard 'disgraced Princess' from emperor's mouth.

"My liege, princess is a victim, I think she is~

"Nobody cares what you think, our allies and emperors of neighbour kingdom are talking to my face, how I will manage my kingdom when I'm not even able to control my own daughter"

Emperor threw the royal scroll in front of James and asked,

"Do you know what it is ?"

James picked up the scroll and read it.

"Emperor of Rusa dynasty has declined our peace treaty" There was a royal seal below the message.

"I fixed her marriage with the prince of Rusa dynasty as a peace treaty between two kingdoms, what she did, ran away with a flithy servant and you bring that disgraced women back" Emperor gritted his teeth. Eyes filled with rage.

"My liege, we will find a solution to this, Princess~

"They not only declined the peace treaty, also provoking neighbour kingdoms against us, do you know how much it will affect our royal treasure, do have any idea about their army strength ?"

"DO YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS ??" Emperor roared in anger.

"Tell me before I behead that disgraced princess of yours by myself" Emperor swirled his sword.