Chp - 36

"Ughh.... I'm tired...maya can you bring something to drink for us ?" Liam and Zayn just came back from work.

Harriet came out with two glasses of casu fruit juice and handed them.

"Maya is feeding Aiden" She said as Liam's eyes were searching for his beloved.

Suddenly, they heard a sound that shivered them to the core.

"Did you heard that ?" Liam asked.

"Yes"

Harriet got scared by the noise that was coming from far away, the woods.

"I'll go and check" Zayn was about to walk away.

"Wait...let me come with you" Liam insisted.

"No...maya and harriet will be alone... it's not safe to leave them alone with a a child...you stay here"

"Take care Zayn" Harriet felt terrified.

"Don't worry" His expression changed and he left from there.

She went inside the cottage.

"What was that noise ?" Maya asked with a frown, aiden was asleep on her lap.

"I don't know....Zayn has gone to check" Harriet fingers were shivering while cutting the vegetables. She don't know what just happened suddenly. The sound was weird like a trumpet or something or maybe some kind of alarm. The lamps were going dim so, she quickly fueled them.

Her brain wasn't processing anything stably.

She hissed in pain when the knife in her hand came in contact with her finger and made a cut.

"Careful....put you finger in water" Maya came and dipped harriet's wounded hand in a bowl of water.

"You okay ? What were you thinking ?" Maya asked.

"Nothing.....I just didn't paid attention that's it... I'm fine it's a small wound" Harriet tried to smile at her.

"Ohh God!!.....Who is he ?"

They heard Liam's voice and ran outside to see what happened.

Zayn was riding a black horse towards the house carrying a wounded man.

"I don't know....I found him in this state" Zayn carried him inside and laid him on the ground. He knew something is wrong, the soldier was wearing their war uniform.

"M-my king

"M-my king....I-I...this..." He took out a folded paper out of his tunic robes and handed it to Zayn. General louis gave him a mission to send this letter to their king, he was on his way to deliver the message but out of nowhere group of soldiers from hamida dynasty attacked him.

Liam and maya were totally confused and scared hearing the word 'king' from his mouth.

Zayn carefully unfolded the letter which was drenched in blood. The contents of the letter shivered him.