Chp - 28

"I will start working from tomorrow, then we can buy blankets. You will not have to sleep on the floor. I promise har~

Sigh!!

"Zayn, enough now. I told you I don't need any of them. You are with me, it's more than enough"

"But still harriet, you was a princess and I just ~

"Stop it now, let's sleep"

Harriet passed him the one pillow they had.

"What about you ?"

"This..is..." she looped zayn's hand around her putting her head on his chest.

"..my pillow"

He chuckled rubbing her scalp. There was a peaceful silence between them.

"Zayn, Can I ask you something ?"

He hummed rubbing circles on her shoulder gesturing her to continue.

"Um..you know that I liked someone before our marriage....

".....Still you never asked me whether I have done anything with him or not"
She lifted her gaze to meet his eyes.

"I never felt any need of asking" He didn't know why she was asking but it seems like she needs an answer.

"But why, I know an unmarried girl who is love with someone is not accepted by anyone, still..."

"You also never asked me" He answered but she looked unsatisfied.

"You are a king and kings are known to keep many women/wives, how can I ask you"

He bought her tightly in his embrace and said,

"Harriet, anyone before sultan or Sultana, king or queen, before man or woman is a human. The baseless things doesn't create any difference. I never asked because I never felt any need of knowing that with whom you been in relation before me. The thing which will bother me would be if your heart beating for someone else in my presence. I'm no one to question anyone on their past"

"My feelings will never affect or gonna change even if you had any physical relation with him"

Her eyes became moist, his love was so pure and unconditional. She kissed on his forehead.

"You should sleep now, it will be morning soon"

She nodded and cuddled closer to him resting her head on his chest and closed her eyes listening to his heart beat.

Next morning Zayn woke up with sound of birds chirping as the sunlight slowly crept upon them through the window, he felt weight on his chest, his lips curled into a smile knowing who it was.

Sigh!!

For the first time in his life, he didn't have to worry about being late in the court, he didn't have to hear anyone's problems and he don't have to spend most of the time signing scrolls.

He always wanted to spend at least one day of his life as a commoner without any burdens and now he has whole life. He got his wish but what about harriet ? He made the decision of leaving the palace by himself.

"Zayn, you are awake ?" She looked at him with hooded eyes.

He kissed on her forehead and removed the blanket as both of them woke up.

Harriet was neatly folding the blanket they slept, they have to use everything carefully. She turned to see Zayn already ready to leave.

"Where are you going this early in the morning ?" She put the blanket in the corner.