Chp - 19

Harriet just stood there feeling void, she don't know what to think or what to say. Everytime she thinks she's knows zayn, it's proved wrong. She knows nothing about him. Nothing.

She just stood there watching the love between father and son. Zayn asked najma to leave, he will take care of husain for today and currently husain was sitting on zayn's lap and Zayn was feeding the berries he bought for him.

"Why didn't you come last night baba ? I was waiting for you" Husain huffed pouting at Zayn.

"Baba is sorry, I'm all yours for today okay ?" Zayn said feeding him.

Harriet felt guilty for spending last night with him, Zayn was supposed to be with his son. She is not sad seeing zayn's son, she can never hold grudges against an innocent child. It's just that she didn't knew about this.

She never saw zayn smile like this, she wondered if she can ever make him happy like this. May be it's her destiny to share him with someone.

Why it is always her ?

She is just a small chapter in zayn's life.

"What were you doing here ? Didn't your ammi told you not to come here ?" Zayn asked.

"I was missing you. You told me last time you would bring my f-favourtt berries for me and I want to play with someone"

"Can we play now baba ?" Husain looked at him hope filled eyes. Zayn's heart swelled with love. The happiness he gets everytime husain calls him baba was unexplainable.

"What do you want to play ?" Zayn washed his hands and wiped his mouth.

"I was about to play hide and seek with pretty lady-

"Pretty lady ?" Zayn frowned at his son.

Husain pointed at harriet. That's when zayn noticed harriet was standing there in silence.

Husain ran towards her, hugged her legs and asked,

"Will you play with us ?"

Harriet's heart melted at his smile, that's it. She made her decision to accept what's in her fate. If it's fated to share Zayn with someone else she will, at least she could be a part of his life. Just a little bit of his heart.

She nodded at him.

"Baba, pretty lady will also play with us" Husain Clapped his hands jumping around them.

"Why are you calling her pretty lady ?" Zayn asked.

"B-bacoz she is pretty baba" Husain stated like an old wise man, smiling at harriet.

Zayn and harriet chuckled at him. They spend the day with husain playing with him.

Next day zayn woke up with the most beautiful sight ever, husain was sleeping inbetween Zayn and harriet, squished between the two of them. His head close to harriet's chest clutching onto her dupatta for his dear life.