Chp - 24

"Have you found him ?"

"No"

"My lie~

"Leave"

His court is far too empty these days. He attends only public grievances and nothing more.

Zayn's every tactic was failing, even after searching every square inch of the palace, it was becoming impossible to find that soldier as if he never existed.

Now, he knows one thing for sure whoever planned against harriet is within his family. No outsider have this courage to do and only royal members knows every inch of the palace. 

He even made his mind solider was probably killed by his master as he failed to do his task. But where is his body ? How can someone dig a grave or dump the body outside of the palace when he is monitoring every activity happening inside.

He already gave orders 'no one is allowed to leave the palace without his permission'

"Zayn, are you ready ?" 

He snapped out of his thoughts with his wife's soothing voice. He nodded.

"Harriet, don't leave my side and if you find anything suspicious, tell me immediately okay ?" He cupped his cheeks looking into those green pits.

"I know Zayn"

He kissed on her forehead and both of them left for mehfill ( gathering to entertain everyone) holding each other's hand. 

Everyone was tensed with the restriction imposed in the palace, he didn't want alert everyone about his searching so, he arranged a mehfill to gather everyone at one place, If his wife is the target they will not miss it as it will be crowded and ...

Everyone was tensed with the restriction imposed in the palace, he didn't want alert everyone about his searching so, he arranged a mehfill to gather everyone at one place, If his wife is the target they will not miss it as it will be crowded and easy to sneek in and attack.

And in meantime he will send louis to check chamber of his family members. A king can order to invade the servant quarters but not his own family. If anyone killed that solider there must be a weapon. No matter how big a crime the criminal does, he always leaves some evidence behind. 

"Adaab ammi Jaan" Both of them greeted trishna.

"Allah, tum dono ko hamesha salamat rakhe" ( May Allah keep you both safe ).

King Zayn sat on his throne with his queen beside, his soul, his other half, his confidante.

"Mehfill shuru ki jaaye" ( Start the mehfil ). 

Heavy scented, heavily ornamented but scantily clad, royal dancers entered to pleasure everyone's eyes. But zayn's eyes were searching the culprit among the crowd maintaining a neutral face. 

laakh is dil ko humane samajaayaa,
dil yahaa phir bhi humako le aayaa..

(tried to make my heart see reason, a million of times
My heart still brought me here)