Chp - 23

Zayn was massaging her feet with the herbal oils healers had given, still thinking who was that soldier, it was planned to hurt harriet. He came out of his thoughts when harriet hissed in pain. 

He looked at her, she was crying in pain

He looked at her, she was crying in pain. He stood up to keep the bowl of oil aside but harriet clutched onto his arms.

"Please, don't leave" She pleaded with teary eyes.

His heart broke to see her vulnerable sight. He kept the bowl aside and sat beside her. 

"I wasn't going to leave, even if you have told me leave" He laid her on bed and covered her with blanket, carresing her curls

"Will you be able to recognise that soldier if you see him again ?" He cuddled with harriet, her head on his chest.

"Yes, I can but why would anyone try to harm me, I don't even know most of the people here" She was unconsciously tracing her fingers on his chest.

"That's what I have to find out ?" He was carresing her curls as she cuddled closer with him.

"Zayn ?"

"Hmm"

"Don't you like me ?" Harriet asked looking at him with those Bambi eyes.

He frowned and looked into those green pits.

"Why are you asking this ?"

"Then why you left that night when you y-you kissed me' She blushed and hid her face nuzzling into his chest.

"I left because I like you and I didn't want to force you for anything. I thought you are uncomfortable" He kissed on her curls.

She felt butterflies in her stomach 'I like you' with zayn's words.

"I liked it, when you k-kissed me" She mumbled, her cheeks were hurting. He was stunned, harriet like him ?

After a moment of silence Zayn spoke,

"Harriet, you have to stay in your chamber and not to go outside alone"

"Why ?' She frowned.

"We don't know which solider you were talking about and for whom he is working. There is no way a mere servant will dare to do this until he is either rewarded with heavy gold coins or pressurized to lie"