Chp - 22

Harriet was in the kitchen getting all the ingredients ready for making kheer.

"My liege, you don't have to this, we will make the dishes according to your instructions"

"Yes my queen"

"You all can go for now, I'll do it by myself" She politely instructed them to wait outside the kitchen.

Yadira was passing by and saw the commonation outside the kitchen.

"What's happening here?" Yadira asked the maids who were standing outside of the kitchen.

"My liege, we all are ordered to wait outside the kitchen, our queen is cooking by herself"

Yadira entered the kitchen and saw harriet was pouring milk into the large vessel.

"What are you doing here ? Have you forgotten that you are a queen now ?" Yadira was displeased seeing harriet.

"I making kheer for Zayn" Harriet smiled at her.

"You are king's wife, highest of all the royal members. This is Pakistan not any small kingdom like yours where queens do the work of maids" Yadira's words were filled with venom.

"I'm doing it as a wife for my husband" Harriet returned to her cooking without paying attention to Yadira's glare.

'What kind of a low woman Trishna chose for Zayn, doing the work of maids disgusting' Yadira couldn't stand her anymore and left.

Harriet made kheer for Zayn, she was waiting for Zayn in the dinning room. Wahliya, trishna and safaa were also there.

As soon as safaa saw zayn, she squealed and dragged him fastly, Zayn chuckled at his sister.

"What happened to you today ?" Zayn asked sitting beside harriet.

"Bhabhi Jaan was waiting for you" Wahliya said looking at harriet.

Zayn looked at harriet bit she was staring her lap fidgeting with her fingers.

"Bhabhi Jaan made kheer for you but now she is nervous to serve you" Safaa said.

"Harriet, come on go ahead serve him" Trishna said patting her head.

Harriet took a bowl and served him kheer. He took one bite and looked at harriet with a frown. Harriet panicked inside with his expression. He didn't like it.

"It's very good, just like ammie used to make" Zayn smiled at her

"It's very good, just like ammie used to make" Zayn smiled at her. At first he couldn't believe that it is made by harriet, it was actually good. The taste was similar to how trishna used to make for him.

Harriet smiled wide with Zayn's compliment.

"Wahliya, safaa go your chambers, let them eat in peace" Trishna kissed zayn's forehead and left with her daughters.

"Here" Zayn started feeding harriet.

"You really liked it ? Or just saying like that" She asked.

"No, I really liked it" Zayn took her hand and kissed on her knuckles. She turned into tomato and retreived her hand back.