Chp - 16

Next morning gigi again went personally to check upon on harriet, she really wants to see her suffer in the hands of zayn. She knocked on the door twice but they didn't respond. Her insecurity was kicking in, she desparately wants to know what taking them this long to open the door.

She decided to enter their chamber without permission but the moment she pushed the door and peeked into their chamber, her eyes widened at the sight.

Zayn and harriet were cuddled up on the bed, Zayn hands were on her waist, spooning her from behind.

Gigi clutched the door handle tightly, knuckles turning white, her blood was boiling

Gigi clutched the door handle tightly, knuckles turning white, her blood was boiling. She shut the door and walked out of the place fuming in anger.

Zayn woke up with small whimpering sounds, he frowned, eyes still closed. Soon he realised his hands were interwined with someone, he shot his eyes open and looked at the person sleeping beside him.

Harriet was whimpering in her sleep, when he tried to wake her up, he felt her hands were hot, he pressed his hand on her forehead.

She was burning with fever, all the stress, wounds and constant crying took a toll on her body and mind. He decided not to wake her up and let her take rest.

Everyone were confused again they Zayn came alone for breakfast.

"Yesterday it was our king who was late and today it's our queen. I think we have to change all the rules now" Yadira chuckled sarcastically at Zayn.

Zayn simply smiled at her and said,

"As a king I can change all the rules for my wife if she is not comfortable"

Zayn knew Yadira wasn't happy about his marriage with harriet and she is constantly trying to look down on her.

"Zayn, where is harriet ?" Trishna asked.

"She has high fever so I let her rest, I just came to inform you all to start" Zayn sighed.

"I'll inform healers to check on her" Trishna said.

"Zayn, you can go and take care of her. For today I'll handle all the matters on behalf of you" Ahmed his uncle said smiling at him.

"Okay, then I will go and check on harriet, and Saad help you abbu(father)" Zayn gave him a stren look.

Saad simple nodded at him.

Zayn was about to walk out but gigi protested,

"Zayn, you don't have to take care of harriet, I mean you have your duties. I'll will be with her, you can go I'll take care of her"

She tried her best to stop Zayn to spending time with harriet, they are already getting close.

"Gigi, she is my 'wife' and I have my husband duties too. It's my duty to take care of her" He emphasized on the word wife so that at least now she will stop thinking about him. He clearly understood the look of jealousy on her face.