Chp - 25

"WHAT ?"

"You heard that right zayn, the drinks served for you, were spiked with Aphrodisiacs" Louis informed him. He remembered events from this morning.

He woke up with a killing headache and a naked girl beside him, it was aayana, harriet's personal maid. 

Louis immediately detached himself from the girl beside him, covering her naked body.

"I-I'm sorry, I know I forced you~

"I like you general louis" Aayana confessed her feelings.

"I liked you from the first time I saw you in velour" Aayana still remembered harriet's wedding day, when she saw louis from the first time and developed feelings for him.

"I-You...."

"You can't be with me, I'm abide to my duties. I don't have any place for woman in my life"

"I'm sorry, whatever happened last night was not my intention. If you wish to punish me for my actions, I'll take my punishment" Louis hung his head low in shame.

"I know you can't be with me but I don't regret last night and you didn't force me" Aayana said.

"Are you sure about this louis ?" 

Louis snapped out of his thoughts. He remembered the smell of the drink, there was something off about it but he ignored it and now he is going to regret it the rest of his life.

Sigh!!

"I took the liquor glass to the Healers to check for the trace of compounds in it"

"They confirmed it. It was Aphrodisiacs"  

"But only one drink was spiked"

Zayn frowned, only one of the glass, it has only one meaning. They planned to spike harriet's drink.

"Sometimes the answer is not the one you will ever consider. A pretty fawn in the thick forest. Sometimes, the hunters are not lions, tigers and jaguars"

"It could be hyena too"  Louis said.

Zayn's heart drops to the floor.

Rapists.

His wife.

Dear God!! They are after his wife.

"Now, how hyenas reached is the question we are currently searching for" 

Zayn was fuming in anger, eyes turned blood red, face scrunched, his sword was thirsty for so long, it's time to quench it's thirst. He roared in anger, his heart is screeching.

His wife!!

Harriet was unaware of all the commonation as she went to meet Najma and husain. She missed her little son.

"Husain, let her go now" Najma said. She shook her head neither of them is paying attention to her words.

Harriet was playing hide and seek with husain, when she found her inside the closet, he ran like his life depending on it and now harriet is running behind husain to catch him. Giggles and laughs emitting from the front yard. 

"H-Husain choti ammi Jaan is tired, you win" Harriet stopped and laughed as husain was jumping around with this victory.

"Yeah I won" He ran to tell about his victory to all women in their place. Harriet chuckled at him.

"MY QUEEN" Aayana comes running, harriet gets worry to see tears falling down her face.

"What's wrong ?" Harriet asked but the words came out of aayana's mouth does not make any sense to her.