Chp - 18

"Why were you out in the garden at late night with the king, seems like you started to like him" Harriet just took a bath and aayana was drying her hair with a small vessel filled with hot water as it's steam helping in drying hair.

"I didn't went to spend time with him

"I didn't went to spend time with him. I went to the garden to get some fresh and he was already there" Harriet was trying to convencing aayana but it sounded like she was convencing herself.

She couldn't sleep alone in the room as she was used to zayn's presence, she waited patiently for him but the thought of him spending night with another women suffocated her so she went to search for him in the palace.

When she couldn't find him anywhere in palace she gave up and decided to go the garden as it would be better to spend time with rabbits then suffocating herself behind closed doors.

She was sitting on hammock with the rabbit in her lap when he came there. She was happy internally but didn't show it on her face. So, they spend the night together under the moonlight talking to each other.

"What were you doing ? Your hair got tangled badly" Aayana raised her brows at her

"We were just talking, it was a windy night. Now stop talking and do your work properly, you are tugging on my hair roughly " She showed her fake angry expression to aayana.

After a moment of silence,

"Well, speaking of him, he is not that bad as he looks. I get to know something different about him everyday" Harriet smiled to herself.

"It's only you who thinks he looks bad, you know what every maid in servant quarters says he is the walking god on earth" Aayana said.

Aayana was about to say something but she saw Zayn entering the chamber. He took the vessel from her hand and motioned her to go without getting noticed by harriet as her back was facing them. Aayana nodded and left them alone

"I'm not talking about how he looks, of course I know he is attractive person,

Zayn smiled at her compliment.

"I was just saying he is not like that how people describe him, he is clever, kind and cunning too. I don't understand why he always puts on cruel expression and the next moment he melts like a candle. You know, sometimes it's really hard to understand him" Harriet felt that aayana wasn't properly drying her hair as she was feeling constant tugging on her hair.

"What are doing ? Do it~

She turned around only to see it was Zayn on aayana's place. She got up immediately. Her cheeks coated in pink when she realised he was listening to her all the time.

"What are you doing here ? Don't you have manners, listening someone's private conversation" She averted her gaze.

"What am I doing here ? Did you forget it's not only yours but my chamber too"