Chp - 27

Harriet was standing in front of their home, yes their home, a small house with two rooms.

She watches as zayn gave the remaining of the copper coins to the dealer

They walked outside the boundaries of Pakistan, and after walking for the whole night, they finally reached the small village. Zayn bought this small house with last of the coins left.

Harriet covers up her sadness when zayn turns around and blinks playfully at her to show it is nothing.

"I promise I will take good care of you harriet"

She sighed. He has been chanting it since they left the palace. He don't have to repeat it like a mantra. This time she believes Zayn will take of her in every aspect.

"I know my decisions have affected you badly but I promise....I will work hard and provide everything to you" Zayn holds her hand.

"I have never suffered because of you, unlike you... who has suffered only because of me, I made a promise to you on our wedding altar but never kept those but now I will be with you with each and every step of your life. We will do this together"

Zayn smiles through tears in his eyes.

"The home is yours" He holds her hand as they together enters their home. This maybe not as spacious as their palace but it's sufficient to both of them.

Harriet sighs, "It's beautiful

Harriet sighs, "It's beautiful...Zayn, can we afford this place"

"Yes... I'll get some wood for fire" Zayn kissed her forehead and left.

Harriet looked around their new home, it was beautiful but needed some cleaning. She tied her hairs and started swiping the floor, scrubbing all the dirt and cobwebs from each corner of their house.

She was cleaning the kitchen but found out all the vessels were empty, she took an earthen pot to get some water, she clearly remembered there was a lake near their new house.

Harriet smiles walking her way to the lake, whole place was surrounded by greenary, with birds singing through their way, gentle breeze blowing the leaves.