Chp - 06

Empress handed the scroll to the gurads and ordered them to send it to Pakistan along with exquisite gifts.

"Get Harriet to her chamber" Empress ordered James and left the court room.

James came out of the court room when he heard shuffling sound behind the pillars.

"Who's there ? Come out" James took out his sword.

A girl peeked from behind the pillars, she was shaking a bit.

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to overhear the conversation. I heard you bought princess harriet back, can you please take me to princess" Aaayna said.

Aayana was harriet's handmaid

Aayana was harriet's handmaid. Her mother was valet in the palace, when her mother died of illness, she was alone and too young to work. She remembered how princess took her under care, she was crying out of hunger, when she heard there is a feast in palace she went there but servants were not allowed to eat the food prepared for royals. She hid under the table and tried to steal the sweets but someone caught her hand, that was princess Harriet.

She got scared, she thought of punishment when princess asked to follow her. Princess bought her to chamber and offered her food, when princess came to know she was alone, No one to look after. Princess asked Emperor to keep her as handmaid but princess always treated her as a friend and sister.

"Aayana, you know empress will not be pleased by this. She still didn't allow anyone to meet princess" James put his sword back. He knew harriet is close to aayana. She is the only friend Harriet have.

"Please sir general, I want to see her, I have to take care of her" Aayana was close to crying.

Sigh!!

"Okay, follow me"James knew empress will be mad if she get to knew about this but he was thinking about harriet. She is not telling the truth what happened to her. May be aayana can talk to her.

They reached the basement. When he opened the door of hidden room they were shocked. They screamed,

"Harriet"

"Princess Harriet"

"Wake up, princess"

Harriet was lying unconscious on the floor.

James took princess to her chamber. He informed empress about harriet.

Empress called the royal healers, and threatened if princess doesn't wake up till next morning she will cut their heads off. She can't die now.

All the healers were trying what's in their hand. They bought herbs and plants which were rare.

"Sir general, princess is dehydrated and starved, her organs are going weak. With the trauma she experienced her body went to a shock state" Healers told about harriet's condition.

James nodded. He saw the smushed rice and salt on the plate untouched which was given to every prisoner of the dungeon.

He looked at her face, which was full of life, now it's just a dried layer of skin which was withering slowly.