Chp - 14

Zayn spent the night outside, he silently walked outside the palace without being noticed, not wanting anyone to know that he is not with his wife on his wedding night.
He reached the back hills of the palace and sat near the river. This was his confort place he discovered it when he was a kid, no one knew about this.

Zayn was heart broken, tonight was supposed to be the best night of his life but it turned into a nightmare. Veins popped on his neck when he recalled harriet's words.

....Flithy, disgusted monster...

How can she even think about it that I'm going to rape her ?

"I should have known better, how could I expect love from others, I'll always remain a cruel, ruthless king for everyone"

"I was called cold, cruel, stone hearted person before, it never affected me but her words felt like the arrows which went straight to my heart why ? Why her words are affecting me ?"

"If she hates me with her whole heart then why agreed to marry me, it was her parents proposal, why didn't she refuse it ?"

Zayn lay there on the cold grass, one hand behind his head, looking at the dark sky full of stars, with the shimmering moonlight it was beautiful.

"May be I was expecting too much, if she really wants to be free then I will let her go,  at least one of us will be happy, I'm used to live alone anyways"

"May be I was expecting too much, if she really wants to be free then I will let her go, at least one of us will be happy, I'm used to live alone anyways"

He don't know why his heart ached at the thought of leaving harriet. He was subconsciously looking at the sky when a lone tear escaped his eyes, he didn't even realise that he was crying.

Harriet opened her eyes slowly when sunlight entered the chamber, warm bright sun rays hitting her face. She passed out crying on the ground. Her eyelids felt heavy, head throbbing with pain due to crying all night.

"Harriet"

"Harriet"

There was series of knocks on the door. She clutched the edge of the bed to stand, she wrapped dupatta on herself, fixed her hair a bit and walked towards the door with stumbling feet, opened the door revealing gigi.