Chp - 15

After breakfast Zayn went to the court and harriet went to her room, zayn's mind was still clouded with last night thoughts.

"Your highness, people of the states are troubled by robbers and dacoits" Abdul, middle aged man, royal adviser of court stated the problems.

"Has anyone seen their faces, who can tell the details" Zayn rubbed his temples thinking about the problem

"Yes my liege"

"Let her in" Abdul ordered the guards.

That lady kneeled in front of the king, already shaking with fear, that is what Zayn hates the most, why are they so afraid of him ? He is cruel and ruthless only on the battle field, he never hurts innocent souls.

"What did you saw ? Tell everyone, you are safe now" Zayn asked in a soft voice.

"W-We w-were going f-for a wedding, t-they attached us at night, robbed us and killed many people and....

She was squirming in her place, lips wobbling being nervous.

"And took some of the young girls, m-my sister was one of them, please save her, please" She cried in front of everyone.

"We will save everyone, you can go now"

"Your highness, shall we send our soldiers to look for them" Abdul asked.

"No, It's the seventh robbery case from past 15 days and they kidnapping young girls also, we have to handle this carefully"

"Zahan, go to that place, investigate about this but don't reveal your identity, go as a commoner" Zayn ordered him.

"You all can go now, except army general"

When everyone went out of the court, he also ordered the soliders to wait outside the court and closed the door.

"I want you to dig some information for me and I can't trust anyone other than you"

Louis frowned at zayn's strange behaviour and with the next words he got shocked.

"It's about Harriet" Zayn couldn't meet his eyes.

"You still have doubts about her, you are thinking that what happened to your baba will happen again ? Come on Zayn, you and I we both know harriet will never do such thing" Louis raised his voice a bit.

"I'm not doubting her, she is my wife and I'm just concerned about her"

Zayn looked at louis,

"Did you observe harriet's parents in my wedding, there was something they were trying to hide from us, I need you to go Velour and find out everything about harriet and her family, no can knew about this, it's between you and me"

Louis remembered about harriet's father behaviour towards him,

"Fine, I'll do it but you have to doubting harriet"