Chp - 37

Harriet slowly opened her eyes and looked at the chandelier of her chamber, she was back in the palace.

"Harriet...you are awake ?"

She looked at the direction of the voice, Trishna rushed towards her and helped her to sit on the bed.

"We were about to call the healers" Trishna said.

"I'm fine now....no need to call them" Harriet lied eventhough her headache was killing her.

"I'm so happy you both are back, Everything will be fine now" Trishna hugged her.

"How are you feeling now ?" Zayn asked entering their chamber after taking a bath.

Harriet looked at him but she didn't say anything. She was still not ready to face him.

"Zayn...come here...I couldn't believe you both are with me again, promise me you will never leave you ammi...I have already lost your father but I can't loose you... promise me you will never us" Trishna asked.

Tears welled up in zayn's eyes.

"I promise ammi...I will never you ever again"

Zayn hugged her mother after a long time, he let out all the tears he was holding for so long.

"I promise ammi..... I promise" His voice cracked with all emotions.

"Take care of harriet.... I have to check upon everyone....you sit with her" Trishna wiped her tears and left their chamber to give the couple privacy.

Zayn walked towards their bed and sat beside her, she was looking at him blankly. He couldn't understand her expression.

"Are you okay ?" He asked holding her hands

She took a deep breathe and nodded.

"I got scared" She said in a low tone.

He slowly pulled her into a hug. He could feel how scared she must be to watch the mayhem, she didn't even hugged him back.

"I got scared after seeing you" She blinked nervously.

He closed his eyes and patted her back slowly.

"I'm sorry" He kissed on her shoulder.

She slowly raked her hands around him.

"It's not your fault...I know it was a war" Harriet said.

"Harriet"

"I have to leave for hamida dynasty," He informed.

Both of them parted, her face fell, she looked at him with sad eyes.

"I have to go there and check on everything, they are under our control now" He said.

"For how long ?" She asked.

"For ten days....but I'll try to come back as soon as possible" He said caressing her curls.