Chapter 1

Mikasa Pov:

"Mikasa sweetheart, get up"

I was deep asleep, trying to get as much as sleep as I most possibly could, considering we started school tomorrow. Senior year..the last year that was supposed to be the easiest yet hardest year of my life.

"Aunt Kuchel please two more minutes."

I lived with a house of people, my parents died in a car crash when I was little and have lived with my Aunt Kuchel since I was atleast 9 years old, it was rough but I see her as my mother and Levi as my older brother, the other people in the house are our cousins, the Uchiha's Mikoto is my mother and Aunt Kuchel's sister but she married into a different family, I have two cousins here Sasuke and Itachi..

"No sweetheart, we want you and Sasuke to greet the new neighbors for us after breakfast" she said as I turned looking at my alarm clock on my nightstand which read 8:00 am.

"What new neighbors?" I said yawning sitting up in the bed scratching my head.

"You know the house next door? Theres a family moving there." She said.

"That house? No one has lived there in forever.." I said groggily.

"Oh I know dear but it's exciting don't you think?" She said as I grunted.

I could care less about new neighbors, I just wanted sleep, my freedom would soon be snatched due to my dedication to school, plus sports, and all the other shit.

I laid back down snuggling into my blanket and pillow once more.

"Mikasa Ackerman, up now" she said as I gripped my blanket tightly.

I could feel her hands on it as she snatched it off my body exposing me to the cool air which blew from my over head vent.

"Ughh fine! Are they here yet?" I asked annoyed.

"No, thats why I want you up now that way after you eat you can freshen up and look presentable." She said as I groaned and finally stood up.

"Fine." I said as I followed her out of my room and downstairs where everyone was sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Oh dear, you look like a bus ran you over." Aunt Mikoto said.

"Yeah I wish it had." I said pulling out a chair sitting between Levi and Sasuke.

"You look like shit brat."

"I feel like shit" I said.

"Language" uncle Fugaku said as I grunted reaching over the table grabbing a bowl and some cereal pouring the food into the bowl then drowning it in milk.

"Really... Sugar Cereal?" Aunt Kuchel said as I looked at her quizzically

"Whats wrong with it?" I said muffled shoving the spoon in my mouth.

"You do this every summer, you work out and stay fit all throughout the school year then summer you hang around Sasha and pick up her unhealthy eating habits, now I like your bestfriend I do but that child needs a diet quickly." She said.

"It's just cereal, plus" I said lifting my shirt up slightly. "I still have my figure in shape." I said.

"Yeah yeah, just hurry so you can greet them." She said as I rolled my eyes. "Why can't Levi and Itachi do it?" I asked.

"They have University" Mikoto said.

"On Sunday?" I asked.

"We have to go see admissions for our schedule." Itachi said.