Chapter 24

Eren pov:

Everyone sat bored in the waiting room of the hospital,  as I sat anxiously waiting for something, anything.

I had already walked up to the receptionist multiple times, and I could tell I was getting on her nerves but I could care less about that.

"Jäeger" A doctor said as I walked over quickly and Sakura came as well.

"Me" I said.

"Are you family?" The doctor asked.

"Her son, and this is her niece." I said as the doctor nodded.

"Walk with me" he said as we did as told.

Walking through the halls, we passed many nurses and doctors and different rooms with patients inside. Some had family in them, some were alone.

We walked into a new hallway named Recovery and the first room on that hall the doctor stopped us in front of.

"You kids are very lucky, the first thing she did was ask for her kids, she will make a good speedy recovery the bullet didn't hit anything vital." He said.

"Thank you so much." Sakura said as the doctor nodded. "Go in and see her, we'll keep her a good week here to check on her and clean her wound and touch up stitches if we have to, we want to make sure she recovers good enough to get discharged." He said opening the door as we nodded.

We walked inside the room together, only to see my mother laying in bed, her eyes were half lidded but nearly shot open upon seeing us.

I rushed to her side watching as she tried sitting up, laying her back down.

"Oh Eren, Sakura." She said with a raspy voice.

"Auntie, how are you feeling?" Sakura asked sitting at the edge of the hospital bed looking down at my mother.

"I've been better" She said.

"What happened Mom?" I asked pulling up a chair to the side of her bed grabbing her hand.

"I-I only remember a little...I remember...the person looked like an ordinary shopper..when I walked out with my bags and got to my car and got inside..that person started shooting at it..only one bullet hit me thank God." She said as I gripped her hand tighter. "I was so scared, all I could think about were you two...I was scared to leave you two behind because I know you need me." She said sniffling.

Sakura wiped her eyes with her jacket sleeve as I reached up wiping my mom's tears. "Is there anything else you remember Mom?" I asked.

"The person seemed to know me..they said our last name before they started shooting." She said. "Have you talked to your father? Is he coming back home?" She asked.

That cowardly piece of shit wouldn't dare come back especially now that Mom just confirmed he's involved...a hit was put out on her because of whatever the fuck he does! How would a random person know our last name if it weren't for dad?!

"No, when I called he rushed me off the phone and said he would call back, I kept calling back but it wouldn't go through.." I said.

"Of course." She said sadly.

"Dont worry about Dad right now Mom, me and Sakura are here.. we're all you need." I said.

"Eren...I think your father had something to do with this." Mom said as my eyes widened.

"You suspect so to then" I said.

"Wait, Uncle is involved?" Sakura asked.

"Think about it Sakura, he's always working and suddenly both him and Zeke flee town and the day they do Mom gets shot?  It can't be coincidental." I said.