Seven

CHAPTER SEVEN
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

"If it isn't the mechanic," I sat next to Ricardo who groaned in frustration

"If it isn't the mechanic," I sat next to Ricardo who groaned in frustration. After cooling off, I wanted to make conversation with him. We started on the wrong foot but he was too handsome to give up. I had never seen a man so attractive in my life, Ricardo was different. Maybe he was having a good day today, and I could use this as the opportunity to flirt with him.  

"Every time you speak, I want to crash my car into a telephone pole, standing on the gas with no seatbelt on," He gritted his teeth. Okay, he was still his grumpy self. I guess now, I had to match his energy so I don't embarrass myself.

"Good," I verbalized, grabbing his beer and taking a sip. "You'd be doing both of us a favor,"

"Hands off, little girl," He gritted his teeth, grabbing his bottle back. I rolled my eyes and took off my leather jacket. "Oh, I forgot you don't like girls that dress like hookers,"

"I don't like girls who won't shut the fuck up," Ricardo assured, finishing his beer. I placed my chin on the palm of my hand and eyed him. "You look old. How old are you?"

"Don't make me feel bad about myself," He demanded, keeping his gaze on the bar in front of us.

"Wait, I was gonna say 65, what were you going to say?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

The grumpy man clenched his jaw and finally turned to me. "Will you fuck off, kid?"

I crossed my arms and pouted. "You're really living up to your name of DickRic here,"

"Don't you have anyone your own age to talk to?" He asked, looking around the bar.

"Funny, I should be asking you the same question," I said, taking his beer and finishing it before placing it down. He clenched his jaw and asked for another bottle. "I came here to think, not to babysit a girl that is barely old enough to enter into this bar,"

"Anyway, what did you think of my performance?" I asked, expecting him to compliment me. What he said next, made my smile disappear. "I think it was shit,"

"Do people actually like you? I don't think you have any friends,"

"I'd rather have no friends than be a spoiled brat," Ricardo confirmed, as another beer was placed in front of him. "I find it cute how you think your insults hurt me. I've got Maxwell blood, I've heard shit like this from jealous people my entire life,"

"So you're a fucking Maxwell. I should have known. That entire family is in the paper for shit no one gives a fuck about,"

"I'm literally about to get violent," I raised my right eyebrow.

"I don't give a shit. Can you fucking leave now?" He asked, his eyes trained on the doors. "You should be grateful a Maxwell is giving you time of day,"