Thirty Five

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

As soon as I returned to Savannah the next day, I made my way to Ricardo's shop

As soon as I returned to Savannah the next day, I made my way to Ricardo's shop. By now, all the pictures with me and Devin were all over the place and the interview where I said I was single had been uploaded to Youtube and the official Forbes website.

Opening the door, I step inside and sent a small smile to Jared. "In the back," He told me and I nodded, walking further into the shop. As expected, his mechanics were all working on different models of cars. My eyes bounced from person to person until I found him, and my heart sped up again.

Ric had propped the hood of a Mercedes and was screwing something in place. Sweat glistened down his tattooed arms and his hair was slightly damp. He chatted to another man while chewing on a toothpick. Making my way over, I feel my throat tighten. "Hey, Ric,"

When he saw me, he simply clenched his jaw and turned his gaze back to the car. "Can't you see I'm fucking busy? If you want someone to look at your car, ask someone else,"

Feeling my heart break, I take a small step back. He had every right to be upset with me but it didn't mean that it still didn't hurt.

"Can we—," I whispered, clearing my throat. "Can we talk in your office?"

"I said I'm busy," He went back to talking with the other mechanic, completely ignoring my presence.

Placing my hand on his bicep, he tensed under my touch, and I feel my heart break once again.

"Please," I beg, my voice almost inaudible. Ricardo subtly nodded, walking into his office and I followed behind him. Closing the door, I fiddle with my hands. He won't even look at me, and I know I'm in serious shit.

"Can I sit on your lap?" I asked, hoping to relieve some of the tension but he only shakes his head. "No,"

Nodding, I clear my throat and sit in front of his desk, crossing my legs. "I missed you—,"

"Don't fuck around with me," He said, his eyes growing darker every second. My eyes begin to grow blurry, of course, I had to fuck up the best thing in my life.

"I'm not," I mumbled. He tilted his head to the side and I heard a crack. "While you were in New York, you seemed to have forgotten about me. I turned on my television only to hear that you're now single and all over the fucking internet, there are pictures of you with another boy. How the fuck do you think this makes me feel?"

"I know how this looks but I can explain. I had no control over the last few days—,"

"How dumb do you think I am? I'm a 35-year-old man, Selina. I can see through your bullshit," He cursed. My eyes begin to grow blurry, and a small tear falls down my cheek.

"You made me out to be a fool, thinking we actually had something. I guess I should have known you wanted someone famous to help further your career,"

"I only care about you!" I said, standing up as more tears escaped. I used the end of my sweatshirt to wipe them away. "I don't give a shit about Devin or anyone else. I'm still yours, Ric. Please, you have to believe me,"