Nine

CHAPTER NINE
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

CHAPTER NINE THE RULES OF SELINASAVANNAH, GEORGIA

"You're on your way, right?"

I took a puff of my blunt and leaned on the railing of my balcony. My manager Tai was on the phone with me, but my mind was filled with hundreds of thoughts. I wanted nothing with Ricardo anymore. He was a cunt that didn't deserve any ounce of attention from me. With my album coming out, I had better things to do with my time.

My parents taught me better than to let a man control my future. If Ricardo didn't like me the way I liked him, it was his loss. I wasn't going to throw away my dream because I needed a few days to be upset with him. Time was constantly moving and I needed to keep up.

"Yeah," I said, before ending the phone call and sighing. My label had called me for a meeting to discuss a surprise. TJ and I sent them the songs we've worked on, and today, we found out if they actually like them or not. If they do, they'll let me do collaborations. If they don't, I'll have to wait until next year for my album. I was an over-thinker and it always caused my anxiety level to rise.

After having a shower, brushing my teeth, and washing my face, I found myself in my closet.

"Hey, Chauncey. It's Selina, I'm going out again today. Can you please bring my Aston-Martin Vantage up?" I asked, putting the phone to my ear.

"Yes, Ma'am," My Chauffeur assured before the call ended. I wore a mini skirt with a crop top. I curled the ends of my hair, before pulling it into a high ponytail. When I was satisfied with my look, I grabbed my belongings and headed downstairs.

"Where the fuck are you going dressed like that?" I froze upon hearing my younger brother's voice. He crossed his arms, waiting for my answer. I was used to interrogations by him and my father.

"I'm going to see my gynecologist. I have a tampon stuck inside me," I lied, putting on my strongest poker face. He cringed, shaking his head. "Fucking hell, Selina,"

"Will you leave me alone now?"

"Yeah, yeah. Fuck off," He said, and I smiled at him, walking out the front door. Chauncey leaned against my 1970 Aston Martin Vantage, the keys in his hands. When he saw me, he quickly stood up. "Miss Selina, your carriage awaits you,"

"Thanks, Chauncey," I said, grabbing the keys from him. He opened the driver's side for me, and I grabbed his hand to stabilize myself before getting inside. He closed the door and I opened the window because I knew he wanted to ask me something. "May I ask where you going?"

"That's above your pay grade," I winked, bending down to kiss his cheek. He blushed, clearing his throat and looking away. Chauncey and I had a thing a little while back, and he just can't seem to leave me alone. It was cute but sad because I never took him seriously.