Thirty One

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

It had only been 20 minutes before my parents came to pick us up

It had only been 20 minutes before my parents came to pick us up. Anisa and her little bitches were in another jail ceil and they were right across from us, so the tension was still thick. When the guard opened the door for us, we grabbed our things and walked out. But I stood in front of Anisa who was still trapped in hers and blew her a kiss.

Mom had her arms crossed over her chest and Dad sat next to her, his head facing the ground. I cleared my throat awkwardly, grabbing their attention. "Hey, guys,"

Dad stood up, and pulled me for a hug, placing a kiss on my forehead. "Thank god you're okay. We were so fucking worried,"

"Come on, dad. I know how to handle myself,"

"You fucked her up right?"

"Yeah, the boxing we used to do paid off," I said, earning a chuckle from him before my eyes moved to Mom. I noticed the frown on her face and I knew she was upset with me. "Mom—,"

"We'll talk when we get home... Mallory, I've contacted your parents and they'll meet us at the manor. Athena, Samuel and Cassandra are flying down," She said,

"My parents are going to literally kill me," Athena mumbled, throwing her head back.

Outside the station, there was a swarm of paparazzi, and I groaned knowing my name would be in the news tomorrow. They called out my name and asked me absurd questions, and mom handed me a pair of sunglasses.

Making our way through them, we entered the two Ranges. My parents rode in one and we rode in the second one with Chauncey. We dropped off Athena at her apartment before finally arriving at the manor about 20 minutes later. Mallory's parents were already there and they basically shouted at her for the next 10 minutes.

I sent her an apologetic smile and mouthed, "I'm sorry." She winked at me, while she walked toward her parents' car.

A little while after, I sat in my father's office playing with my fingers nervously as my parents walked inside. Mom took a seat next to the fireplace while Dad poured a glass of wine and handed it to her. "Who hit first?"

"She did," I responded earning a nod from her. "Okay, that's good. Now, we can say you were defending yourself,"

"I'm sorry, mom. I know violence isn't the answer but I was getting tired of her,"

"Violence isn't the answer," Dad chuckled, running his hand through his hair. Mom raised her hand, cupping my cheek. "Sometimes you have to defend yourself. I just thought you started the whole thing. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions,"