Book Four: The Rules of Lorenzo

SYNOPSIS

SYNOPSIS

Everyone knew the Maxwell family. After all, they were one of the most famous families in America. Lorenzo Aman Maxwell knew that he had to continue his family's legacy and make a name for himself. After being a boxer for a few years, his career starts to take off, and soon he finds himself fighting for the championship belt.

Raquel Hanako Kikuchi moved to America from Japan at the gentle age of 19. After completing one year of university in Japan, she decided to transfer and play tennis at Colombia University.

Read as the pair start on the wrong foot, instantly forming a natural hatred between them. Until something shifts. They're supposed to hate each other but they can't anymore. Soon, a forbidden infatuation starts and they're only left with a pile of clothes on the floor and a forbidden infatuation.

SNEAK PEEK

"Don't," I whispered, feeling my mouth dry up. "Don't look at me like that. We're strangers," I admitted, my voice barely a whisper. "We're nothing but strangers,"

"We're not really strangers," He replied, making goosebumps appear on my skin. There was a gentle knock at the bathroom door but none of us moved, it seemed like we were both frozen.

"We are. You hate me—,"

"Oh come on," He chuckled, making my eyebrows furrow together in confusion.

"You can't be that naive. You feel it, don't you? The tension between us, the constant bickering, the way we throw glances when the other person isn't looking. You feel it, you know there is something else. Something eating us alive,"

My lips parted as he wrapped his hand around my neck. As much as I didn't want to admit it, there was a river flowing between my legs. But Kiana and Trey were outside, and this thing between us was wrong.

"There's nothing between us other than hatred and disgust—," Before I could finish the sentence, he smashed his lips again mine.