Twenty Seven

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN THE RULES OF SELINASAVANNAH, GEORGIA

2 days later

Placing a cigarette in between my lips, my eyes scan the race in front of me. Elijah came first place by 3 seconds and Lorenzo followed shortly. As I turn around and continue walking, my guests send me a nod to represent their respect. Hundreds of people were here, and I pretended to turn my eye every time I saw couples eating each other's faces in the dark corners.

Making my way to the bar, I sit down and call over one of my bartenders, Sasha. When she sees me, she sends me a kind smile while continuing to wipe glasses. "Sir, Can I get you the usual?"

I nodded my head, taking another puff of the cigarette, and blowing the smoke in the air. I turned my head as Elijah exited his car, garnet cheers from the crowd around him. Lorenzo closed his car door as well, his lips forming a deep frown. He made his way over and took a seat next to me, just as Sasha placed my whiskey down.

"I told you, you weren't ready," I said, but I was met with silence. Passing him the box of cigarettes, he took one out and lit it. For the last couple of weeks, I've been teaching Lorenzo how to drag race. He thought he was ready tonight and signed himself up to race against one of the best racers here. And he lost just like I thought.

"What does he want?"

"Nothing. He just wants to prove a point," He replied, and I nodded. Slowly, my mind traveled to a certain brunette—the one that was related to him. It was funny, Lorenzo had blonde hair and green eyes while Selina just had dark features. She had been on my mind for the last couple of days. Even when I closed my eyes, I would see her in my fucking dreams. She was consuming me. She was the predator and I was the prey.

She knew how to piss me off just by speaking. But I find myself in the shadows at her concerts, more than I can admit. When she's on stage, it looks like she feels at home, like she's meant to be there.

"Your sister," I said, taking a sip of my whisky. "How is she?"

"Stay away from her," He rolled his eyes, just as he did every time I asked him. I don't know why I expected a different answer from him.

"Go home, Enzo," I said. Mumbling something under his breath, he stands up and walks off, while I run my hands through my hair.

"Así que esto es lo que haces con tu tiempo libre," Closing my eyes, I hear the screeching voice of Anisa behind me. Turning around, I trap her brown eyes with mine. (So this is what you do with your free time)

"¿Qué diablos estás haciendo aquí?" I asked, she only giggled and took a few steps closer to me. (What the fuck are you doing here?)

"Para alguien que trabaja en autos, no te das cuenta cuando uno te sigue," She placed her hand on my shoulder and my body tensed under her touch.
(For someone who works on cars, you don't notice when someone follows you)