Twenty Three

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE THE RULES OF SELINASAVANNAH, GEORGIA

I held distaste for the moon now.

The crescent tattoos were burned into my mind, and they only brought me shame. Shame because I had let someone so close to my heart yet he didn't have pure intentions. I was exhausted, mentally and emotionally. Exhausted from giving someone my all but only earning a broken heart in return.

After days of photoshoots and more interviews, I was finally back in my home. There was another storm outside today and every few seconds, lightning flashed through the windows. With the full moon shining down, it haunted me, mocking the love I had provided for someone unworthy.

Anisa was beautiful, she had rosy cheeks and plump lips. And her body was killer. I understood why Ricardo liked her so much because she looked like an angel. They had matching tattoos and I wondered if the crescent represented the moon phrase the day they met.

Or the day they knew they loved each other.

I sat in the formal living room, a glass of wine in my left hand while my eyes moved down at the grand piano in front of me. The time was only about 8, so the staff were finishing their duties and heading to their chambers. Music helped heal my soul, it helped express my emotions. I sat at this piano more times than I slept in my own bed.

"A Goddess cried yesterday.
Her tears fell down to the earth as the rain.
Casting a sudden grey glow over the cities below.
She created a rainbow to hide her hidden pain.
Some believed the worst had traveled past them.
But some knew there was still sadness on her brain,"

Pressing my finger over the piano keys, flashbacks flooded my mind. I remembered Ricardo kissing me, washing me, fucking me... I remembered it all. The universe was playing some sick game on me. Showing me what I would never have, showing me how it felt to be cared for.

"Cover after cover after cover after cover," Serafina walked inside, placing four magazines on the piano, a gust of wind brushing past my skin. My face was in them all, and no one could tell I was going through one of my depressive episodes.

When she noticed my tired eyes, she frowned and sat down next to me. "What's wrong?"

I shrugged, letting my eyes wander over her face. She had siren eyes and blonde hair just like my mother.

She was only 18. I didn't want her to ever feel the type of pain I was feeling, especially because she was so happy all the time. She had her whole life in front of her, she didn't need to feel heartbroken over any guy.