Sixteen

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

CHAPTER SIXTEEN THE RULES OF SELINASAVANNAH, GEORGIA

1 week later

For the last week, my brother—Lorenzo has been secretly leaving the manor in the middle of the night. His room is right next to mine so I can hear every time his door shuts. My parents obviously don't know about his whereabouts at 2 am.

As his older sister, I wanted to find out what he was doing at this hour. After I heard him leave his bedroom, I grabbed my keys and walked out, tying my hair into a ponytail.

Pulling my car out of the garage, I followed my brother. Secretly, I'm driving behind him for about 10 minutes until we finally land at an outdoor party in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't see much because of the large fence but I could see the lights that shined into the sky.

"Where the hell am I?" Parking my car, I placed my keys in my back pocket, walking closer to the bouncer. "ID?"

"Seriously?" I asked, before pulling out my driver's license and showing it to him. The man looked me up and down, holding my ID to the sky. "Birthday?"

"February 2nd,"

"Sign?"

"Aquarius," I said, before grabbing my card. He allowed me inside, my eyes widening. It seemed like hundreds of people were there, dancing to music, drinking at the bar, and chatting to themselves. I wondered what my brother was doing here and how he was able to get inside. Enzo was 19, not 21.

Girls walked around wearing the tiniest skirts and I wanted to ask them where they got them.

I turned my head, spotting the one and only Ricardo who talked amongst a few other men, near his black mustang. Of course, he was fucking here.

Clenching my jaw and shaking my head, I make my way passed him and towards the bar. After offing a Negroni, the sound of engines revering, and loud cheers enter my ear. I recognized one of the cars, it was Ricardo's, what the hell?

"Who's racing right now?" I asked one of the girls who sat next to me.

"The man who runs this whole place—Ricardo, is in the black mustang and the other guy is in the red challenger. This is the first race here, so everyone wants to see this," She responded, sending me a nod. A girl with tight shorts makes her way onto the race track, standing in front of the two cars.

People whistled and screamed, only causing me to have a headache. She blew a kiss at both the opponents before raising her flag, the two cars taking off. Smoke erupted from under both cars because of how fast they were going. Ricardo's car was in first place and when they turned the corner, we could no longer see them.