Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

"This guy asked me for my number so I gave him my ex's and told him my name is his new girl

"This guy asked me for my number so I gave him my ex's and told him my name is his new girl. I don't want peace. I want problems, always," Athena boasted, taking a sip of her drink. A small smile made its way to my face and I played with my straw.

"You've got bigger balls than Damien," My friend, Connor chuckled. Damien only clenched his jaw, his icy blue eyes trained onto Connor while his black hair sprawled onto his forehead. "Shut the fuck up. Who the fuck even invited you here?"

"Your girlfriend did,"

Damien and Connor were best friends when they grew up, they were inseparable. But when Connor slept with Damien's girlfriend, everything changed. Now, they hate each other and could possibly kill each other if we left them alone. Mallory has been trying so hard to reconnect them but there hasn't been any luck.

"Why?"

Mallory placed her hand on Damien's shoulder offering him a small smile. "I thought it would be a good idea to have him here. You guys could have squashed your hatred towards each other,"

"He fucking slept with Alexa—,"

"Get over yourself. That was in Junior high. If it makes you feel any better, she wasn't even worth fucking with," Connor only leaned back in his chair and adjusted his crotch, thrusting upwards.

"Fucking dickhead," Blue eyes cursed, taking a sip of his drink and shaking his head.

"Easy ladies," I said, looking around. The club was pretty much packed and we were lucky enough to get a VIP booth on the second floor, where we could watch everyone else. Just then, my song blasted over the speakers and I gasped, my eyes widening.

"No fucking way," Athena said, before pulling me for a hug. Mallory hugged my back, and my girls kept telling me how proud they were of me. Damien just gave me a nod, and I knew that was his way of addressing my success.

"I'm at your mercy but tell me would you come if I rang your line? You picked me up to throw me against the wall, yet you're still on my mind," Connor obnoxiously sang, earning a giggle from me.

"Shut the fuck up. Jesus," Damien said, but Connor only smirked once again. It was clear, he loved pissing his ex-best friend off, he lived for it.

"I didn't know I was replaceable but here you are with your new valentine. When you touched my skin, I knew you felt my heart rate. But us together is my Recipe for Hate,"

"Ever since you changed, we don't have fun these days. And this used to be our world but look what you've done," We all sang, annoying Damien even further.