Thirty

CHAPTER THIRTY
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

CHAPTER THIRTY THE RULES OF SELINASAVANNAH, GEORGIA

Dad wasn't kidding.

I spent the next day in my room. The only time I could leave the manor was if I had a meeting with Tai or a magazine shooting. Security was outside my door, and they would inform my dad every time I left my room for food or anything. After a while, I just stopped leaving my room because I knew it would prove a point to him.

I spent most of my time writing new music or watching Netflix shows. Ricardo called me every few hours and we used this as an opportunity to get to know one another on a deeper level. Jack and I also text and our relationship is still very strong. He happened to be in Savannah today and asked to see me, but I told him I was grounded. He was going to Japan tomorrow so that meant I wouldn't see him for a long time.

Moving on, today is Athena's birthday and I wasn't able to head to the bar they were at to celebrate. It fucking sucked because she was turning 21 and she had been excited for months.

A knock grabbed my attention.

"Come in,"

Speaking of the devil, Dad walked inside and closed the doors behind him. With a bitter taste in my mouth, I turned my head and acted like he isn't there. As I sit at the small table in my room, I continue to write lyrics.

Suddenly, he placed a bag in front of me and my eyes travel across the words. "Georgia Fried Chicken isn't going to make me forgive you,"

"Yeah, I know," He said, sitting in the chair across from me. "But it's a start,"

His eyes traveled to the burning fireplace in my room and an awkward silence surrounded us. The sound of my pen hitting my notepad bounced off the walls, and slowly, I pulled my eyes up.

"Your mother—," He mumbled, caressing his grayish beard. "She smacked some sense into me,"

"She happens to do that quite often," I said, giving him an emotionless shrug. Dad sighed, nodding to himself.

"So," He said. "How badly do you like this guy?"

"A lot," I assured, pressing my lips together. Dad rubbed the back of his neck, tilting his head downwards.

"Look, I didn't want us to meet like this. I know it makes Ricardo look bad but everything between us is consensual. I know how to handle myself now. I'm not your little girl anymore,"

Noticing his frown, I continue speaking. "I'm a grown woman, you have to let me live like one,"

Suddenly, Dad subtly clenched his jaw, his eyes growing dark. "But if he hurts you—,"

A large smile planted itself on my face. "He won't,"

He nodded. "You have your mother's southern accent,"