Twenty

CHAPTER TWENTY
THE RULES OF SELINA
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

The next morning I woke up snuggled against a warm body, as soft snores entered my ears

The next morning I woke up snuggled against a warm body, as soft snores entered my ears. Ricardo had his arm around me, causing my body to be flushed against his while his head was in the crook of my neck.

This was unusual for both of us. I still didn't fully trust him because of what happened in the past. But it didn't mean that walking up to him, wasn't entrancing.

My body ached with soreness, and I groaned, realizing today was the day of the AMAS. Tai would be here at 8 am, and it was currently 7.

I spotted the scars that were on Ricardo's chest. Before I could touch them, he opened his eyes and grabbed my wrist. His dark eyes caught mine, and a shiver ran down my spine. I could tell there was pain, trauma that he had never told anyone before and it was locked deep inside.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. He let go of my wrist, running his hands through his hair.

"When I was back in España..." His voice died down, and he gently shook his head while clenching his jaw.

"We don't have to talk about anything if you're not ready," I said, climbing into his lap and running my hands through his messy hair. His hands immediately traveled to my ass, and he grabbed two handfuls harshly. Instantly, I groaned in pain, he was rough last night.

"Still stings?" He asked, and I nodded. "Let me apply more cream,"

I waited on the bed as he walked into the bathroom and grabbed some Shea Butter. A hiss escaped my lips when he messaged my bruised ass. Even though he was being really gentle, it didn't mean that it didn't hurt like hell.

"Hey, Ric," I called out to him. He hummed, gesturing for me to continue. "If I get you a backstage pass for the show, would you come to watch me live?"

"Fuck, yeah," He said, earning a smile from me. "I'll be there,"

After 7 hours of hair and makeup, I was headed to the red carpet in the Mercedes Benz Springer, barely able to sit down because of my attire

After 7 hours of hair and makeup, I was headed to the red carpet in the Mercedes Benz Springer, barely able to sit down because of my attire. My stylist had picked a lavender satin dress with silver accents that matched my necklace, shoes, and heels. My brown hair had been tied into a high bun, which allowed my earrings to fully glisten.