Thirty Nine

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE
THE RULES OF SELINA
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

"Today is April 11th, the night of the Annual Grammy Awards! Celebrities from around the world have come to Las Vegas to celebrate the art of music and culture

"Today is April 11th, the night of the Annual Grammy Awards! Celebrities from around the world have come to Las Vegas to celebrate the art of music and culture. The official nominee list came out a couple of months ago along with the performance list. Tonight is looking very promising. My name is Sandra Alexander and I'm covering E! News tonight. Much more is on the way,"

I tapped my heel anxiously, feeling my nerves continue to dance. As my team and I traveled in the Mercedes Van, I could feel my heart beat rapidly against my ribcage. There was a TV in the far right corner so I was able to see what the reporters were saying. Madison and I managed to meet up a few hours before and decided to go together. She knew how anxious I was and I couldn't be more grateful for her support.

This was one of the most important nights of my life and I had so much in store, I couldn't mess any of it.
Madison placed her hand on mine, grabbing my attention and sending me a kind smile.

"Don't be anxious, babe. You're at the Grammy's. Make the most out of it," She said, and I found myself relaxing at her reassuring words. "Thanks, Maddy,"

We finally arrived at the red carpet and together, we helped each other up. My makeup artist fluffed my hair as my stylist adjusted the train from my dress. I grabbed Madison's hand,

"You ready?" She asked, and I nodded gently. "Ready as I'll ever be,"

The doors to the van opened shortly and the two of us walked out. Instantly, our security surrounded us while the fans behind the fence screamed for our names. Together, we were guided to the official carpet where the rest of the celebrities were. My eyes widened as I spotted Ariana Grande, and Lady Gaga taking a picture together. Behind them, I saw Trevor Noah and Bruno Mars having a conversation while the cameras pointed at them.

Madison held my hand throughout until it was time to take our pictures. The Grammy coordinators guided her further down the red carpet, before guiding me to my spot. As soon as I began posing, the paparazzi instantly began taking photos of me.

"Selina! Over here,"

"Look this way, Selina!"

"Turn to your left!"

I turned my head, spotting Mallory and Athena holding up a large sign with my name on it while calling out for me. I had never expected them to come here, especially because Savannah is on the other side
of the United States.

Making my way towards them, I pull them for a hug over the fence as security followed me. "Ma'am, I'm afraid we need to follow the schedule and get you inside,"