Twenty Four

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

"Singer Selina Maxwell was just seen with Rapper Jack Harlow in downtown Savannah last night

"Singer Selina Maxwell was just seen with Rapper Jack Harlow in downtown Savannah last night. Witnesses have claimed the two were being very flirty and could barely keep their hands off of each other,"

"What the fuck is this?" Dad asked while he read the article from his phone. I groaned, pulling off my sleeping mask and sitting up in my bed. It was 6 am but that didn't stop him but barging into my room.

"It's a PR relationship, it's not real," I whispered, placing the pillow over my head, and trying to fall asleep again. Mom's heels clicked on the floor and I just knew she walked inside. "Reid, leave her alone. She's sleeping,"

"I would like to meet this young man," Dad mumbled, grabbing the pillow off my head.

"You're not going to meet anyone because it's a fake relationship!" I whined, squinting my eyes because of the sunlight. "The fans are supposed to eat it up,"

"If he touches you—,"

"Dad!"

"Alright, honey. Let's get you out of here. I think it's time you shaved your beard," Mom said, grabbing his hand and pulling him out of my room as he muttered something under his breath. Groaning once again, I sit up from my bed and run my hands through my hair.

Going through my phone, I open Twitter. Jack and Selina is trending #1 right now because people are tweeting their opinion about us. Some think we're really cute while others think we're fake. We'll just have to work extra hard to convince them.

Speaking of the devil, Jack texted me a good morning text and it had been a long time since I had woken up to one. Texting him back, I realized my cheeks were burning. This was the first time I had butterflies in my stomach other than... thou shall not even say his name.

Since I was up early, I went for a little run around the community before having a shower. Then, I opened my notebook and continued writing more lyrics for my new song Tears of a Goddess.

At around 2 pm, I found myself at the nearest grocery store, looking for my favorite candy. My hoodie rested on my head and my sunglasses sat on the bridge of my nose—I didn't want anyone to recognize me. But when I reached the candy aisle, I had to pull my sunglasses off because I could barely read the prices. Finally, I grabbed my pack of skittles, it was the last one.

"Selina?"

I turned around, my eyes connecting with Anisa's as she walked over to me. She was wearing a black dress that hugged her curves along with some Doc Martins. Her brown hair was tied in a messy bun, exposing the tattoos on her neck. The crescent stared back at me, and my throat tightened.