Fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

Storms were the only thing I really feared in my life

Storms were the only thing I really feared in my life. I hated the flash of lighting and the sound of thunder. They were terrifying.

But when I met Ricardo, it all changed. Now, I was scared of him because he had manipulated me at a time when I was vulnerable. Never again, will I let another man prey on me when I'm weak. Never again.

I hadn't spoken to him in 2 weeks but that didn't mean I didn't think of him every second. It was the Aquarius in me.

My life felt like one big cycle. Wake up, head to the studio, get glammed up for an interview, get ready for a photoshoot, and come back home. The only exciting part of my life was my album coming out, and I just had to finish up two songs before then.

Since I had just shared my album date, Selina Maxwell was trending on Twitter and I was #3 in the entire world. Seems like all those interviews and photoshoots really traveled far. 

"Alright, mom. You ready?" I asked my mother who only granted me a smile. Mom was beautiful, I knew why dad fell hard for her. We were currently in the studio and we were recording the Intro to my album, Mama's Wisdom.

I knew my fans were mostly women and didn't want them to lose themselves to a man that wasn't any good, the same way I had. My mother was perfect to say this because she was older, so she could be the sister, the mother, or the best friend that they needed.

Tj gave us a thumbs up, and soon the soundtrack started. It was composed of a deep cello, one that highlighted all the anger from my past situationships.
Mom placed her hands on her headphones, an excited glint evident in her eyes.

"Always protect your heart, always protect yourself," She started, her voice gentle and pure.

"You may think you found someone who completes you but sometimes being complete, kills you.

You want to leave your other side open so you can continue to discover yourself, continue to hang out with your people and continue to have fun.

You're young and you're just living life. Enjoy yourself, and learn to love the body you've been gifted.

Being so serious with someone so young and quickly is not always the best. You're only giving someone the power to ruin you and in the end, it's up to you to pick up the pieces.

No matter how good you think someone is, always read the flags. They'll be the reason why you'll leave,"

The cello slowly died out and I pulled her for a hug, her blonde hair resting on my shoulder. "That was perfect, mom,"