Twenty One

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
THE RULES OF SELINA
SAVANNAH, GEORGIA

"Selina Maxwell is the new 'It' girl, critics have claimed

"Selina Maxwell is the new 'It' girl, critics have claimed. She's garnered support from Doja Cat, Madison Beer, Giveon, Kendall Jenner, and Rihanna in less than a couple of weeks. But who is she really and does she truly deserve this much fame?"

"She performed at the American Music Awards and frankly, I wasn't impressed. It seems like they're just letting anyone in these days,"

I rolled my eyes, turning off the television in my room with the remote. I've been back in Savannah for a couple of days now and there were plenty of people overanalyzing my performance, especially old cranky people. My fans have been so kind to me, writing me tweets, and making edits on Tiktok and Instagram. Yesterday, I was even trending on Twitter.

Athena, Mallory, Damien, and Connor took me out to dinner to celebrate my success. I was so grateful for friends like them.

Now, I was back in my bedroom just writing some lyrics to describe the bliss I've felt over the last few days. Ricardo and I pretty much have sex every day. I sneak out of the house and meet up with him when I can.

After declaring I need a break, I change into long pants and head to the stables. A few years ago, there was a hurricane that caused chaos in Georgia. A few horses had managed to escape their old stables and were trying to survive on their own. With approval from the state, my parents built them a home in our backyard and moved them here.

My favorite horse was named Sailor, and he was completely black. After making it to the stables, I smiled at the staff who worked there before opening the gate to Sailor. When he saw me, he instantly walked toward me, earning a small giggle in return.

"Sailor," I said, placing a kiss on the side of his head. "I missed you,"

"Hey, sweetheart," I turned around, smiling at my mother who walked by. She held her horse, Pumpkin with her reins. "Hey, mom,"

"So honey, I was just about to take her for a ride but do you want to talk about anything first?" She asked, once I closed Sailor's gate and shook my head, playing with my fingers. "Are you sure?"

Her green eyes bore into mine, and I found myself looking away and sighing. I should have known I could never lie to my mom, she could see through everything.

"I met this guy," I licked my lips, hiding my small blush. "He's amazing and everything I've ever wanted. He makes me feel alive,"

She smiled, "That is so beautiful, Selina. When will I meet him?"

I shrugged. "We're just going with the flow but hopefully soon. I'm actually going to see him, now,"

She pulled me for a hug and soothed my back with her hand. "I'm very happy for you, dear. And this stays between us. I can imagine the heart attack your father will have when he hears you have another boyfriend,"