c - clingy

chris had been really clingy lately. sure, i had just gone on a week long trip to see family, but he's never been like this before. he literally wouldn't leave my side. he was laying next to me, practically ontop of me. i tapped him and let him know that i had to use the bathroom. he simply shook his head no.
"baby.. i have to pee cmon pleaseee" i said, looking at him in the eyes.
"but you'll be so far.." he pouted, hugging me tighter.
"it'll only be a couple minutes babe cmon" i pleaded.
"fine." he said, letting go of me and groaning. i got up and went to the bathroom, and when i opened the bathroom door, i was met with chris' eyes staring back at mine.
"you took like- forever" he said, pulling me into a hug.
"baby.. why have you been so clingy? i mean it's cute but it's not like you" i asked, playing with his hair and still hugging him.
"i just.. i missed you." he said, his voice cracking. i felt my shoulder get damp, and i realized he was crying.
"baby.. why are you crying?" i asked, rubbing his back and pulling away from the hug, putting my hand on his face. he leaned into my touch.
"i'm sorry." he said, wiping his tears away.
"don't be sorry.. it's okay" i said, wiping his cheek with my thumb, brushing the tears away.
"i just.. i don't want you to leave me." he said, pulling me into one more tight hug.
"my love.. i'm never gonna leave you. okay? i promise." i said, holding my pinky out. that's something we've always done, as a way to signify our trust. he nodded and interlocked his pinky with mine. i led him back to the bedroom, and i laid next to him. he laid his head on my chest and i wrapped my arms around him and played with his hair. soon enough he had fully relaxed in my arms and he was asleep. i kissed the top of his head.
"goodnight love." i whispered, and drifted off to sleep myself.