m - parents arguing pt 2

a/n
this is a part 2 to the chris one of the parents arguing, but it's a little different. hope you enjoy, love you all <3
______________________________

matt had come over and we were hanging in my room watching movies, when i heard my parents arguing in the living room. this was a daily thing by now, so i ignored it. well at least up until i heard my brother crying in the living room. i listened in and heard my dad yelling at him. i stood up from my bed quickly.
"where you going baby?" matt asked, sitting up.
"nowhere, just.. stay here" i said, and quickly left my room, shutting the door behind me. i walked into the living room and saw my brother with tears staining his face.
"dad what the hell? leave him alone!" i said, walking over and hugging my brother.
"you stay the fuck out of this!" he yelled back at me. i ignored him and lead my brother to his room.
"hey.. are you okay?" i asked, hugging him tightly. he nodded.
"thank you.." he said, and i smiled and nodded.
"here.. put these on" i said, handing him his headphones. he complied and put them on, and i played music from his phone. i waved at him and exited his room, locking the door behind me. i walked into the living room and saw my dad drinking a beer.
"why were you yelling at him?" i asked, standing in front of him.
"none of your damn business." he said, shoving me out of the view of the tv.
"he was fucking crying, dad!" i said, grabbing the remote and shutting off the tv.
"i don't give a fuck! give me that." he said, ripping the remote out of my hand.
"you are sick." i said, tears brimming my eyes but i blinked them away. in response he scoffed, so i just left the room. i walked back to my room, and closed and locked the door behind me. matt looked at me and sat up in bed instantly.
"hey.. is everything okay?" he asked, concerned. i walked over to the bed, with tears in my eyes. i tried blinking them away again, but was unsuccessful when a tear fell down my face.
"baby.. come here" he said, opening up his arms. i climbed in the bed and collapsed in his arms, and he held me tightly. he rubbed my back to comfort me, and kissed the top of my head.
"i'm sorry love.." he whispered, leaning his head on the top of mine.
"c-can we lay down.?" i asked, pulling away.
"of course" he said, scooting down in the bed and laying on his back, putting his arms out and inviting me to lay on him. i complied and laid on my stomach in between his legs, with my head on his chest. he wrapped his arms around me tightly, and softly played with my hair.
"i love you.." i mumbled into his chest.
"i love you too princess" he said, kissing the top of my head once more. i drifted to sleep in the comfort of his arms, happy to have him here with me.