c - cant sleep (requested)

it was 2am on a school night, and i had just finished missing work. i was so tired, but no matter how hard i tried i couldn't fall asleep. chris was sound asleep in his room which was next to mine, and i couldn't stop thinking about him. he was my boyfriend and we havent really talked since 8pm when he went to sleep. i missed him a lot, and we usually slept together in my room but he never came in here. i was a little upset and couldn't stop thinking about it which is probably what was preventing me from sleeping.
i tossed and turned, continuing being unsuccessful at falling asleep. it didn't feel right without at the least a goodnight text from chris. i was sure he had just fallen asleep but i was still upset that i couldn't see him.
as i was laying in my bed looking at my roof and accepting that i am gonna be up all night, i heard a very light knock on my bedroom door. confused, i got up out of bed wearing only shorts and chris' hoodie, and my hair in a messy bun. i opened my door and saw a sleepy looking chris standing on the other side. he put his arms out and pulled me in for a hug, and i hugged him back happy that he actually came.
"i'm sorry baby i fell asleep. you okay?" he asked, pulling away and looking at me. my lights were off, and the only light source was the moon from my window, so his face was very dimly lit.
"it's okay," i said, nodding. "come in?" i moved so he could come in my room. he walked in and i followed behind him, and he climbed in my bed and got under the covers. he opened his arms as an invite for me to lay next to him, to which i wasted no time climbing into bed next to him. i cuddled up to his side and laid my head in the crook of his neck, and he wrapped his arms around me comfortably. he began playing with my hair and kissed the top of my head softly.
"goodnight love." he whispered.
"goodnight" i replied, already feeling sleep creeping on me. before i knew it, i was out cold.