c - thunderstorm

i was home alone because my parents were out of town on a business trip, and i was getting really bored. i had basically done nothing for the whole week other than exhausting school work, and now it was finally friday night and i could chill out. i missed my boyfriend chris, and we had just began a facetime call. he lives a couple streets down from me, so we see eachother pretty often, but we were both tired and agreed to see eachother tomorrow. we made the decision to sleep on the phone, and he had his led lights on a dim purple.
we have a thing where everytime we sleep on the phone i put my lights to whatever his are on. i don't exactly know how it started, but it's been going on for a while now. i set my lights to a dim purple and laid under the covers, propping up my phone on my nightstand. he did the same and we sat there for a minute silently, before he spoke.
"goodnight baby, i love you" he said in a whisper tone.
"goodnight, i love you too" i replied, keeping at the same voice level as him. not long after that, my eyes felt heavy and i started drifting to sleep.

i jolted awake to the sound of loud thunder from outside. immediate fear washed over my body. i absolutely HATED thunderstorms. they gave me a huge amount of anxiety. i looked over at my alarm clock and saw it was 2:27AM. i looked at my phone and saw chris sound asleep. i took a deep breath, and tried closing my eyes and going back to sleep. but after a couple seconds, another loud noise caused my eyes to open quickly. this one must've woken chris up, because i heard movement. i looked and saw him beginning to move a bit, rubbing his eyes.
"chris" i whispered.
"yea baby?" he said in his tired voice. that immediately calmed me down a little bit.
"sorry, i can't sleep." i said, biting my nails, i sat up and leaned against my headboard, propping the phone up in front of me. chris knew how much thunderstorms scared me, and he also knew that i can't usually calm down unless i'm with him. i saw him get up from his bed and throw on a hoodie. he was wearing grey sweatpants. he slid on his shoes.
"what are you doing?" i said, slightly louder since he wasn't near his phone. he walked over quietly and grabbed his phone, holding his finger near his mouth signaling for me to be quiet. i shut my mouth and he opened his bedroom door, walking down to the kitchen.
"give me a few minutes love" he whispered, before hanging up the phone. i continued biting my nails, worried he was coming to my house. i didn't want him going out in the storm, especially this late. it was super dark outside and most of the streetlights dont even work.
i heard my phone ding, and looked over to see a message popped up on my screen from chris. it read: "come open the door, it's cold"
i rushed downstairs with a goofy smile on my face, mostly glad that he was okay. i opened my front door, and saw chris standing there smiling, soaking wet. i rushed him in, and threw him into a tight hug.
"you're soaked!" i said, pulling away and giggling. he laughed along and nodded.
"you didn't have to walk over here this late baby, you could've been hurt!" i said, as he lifted off his hoodie. i lead him upstairs, taking him to my room and giving him some of the clothes he left at my house last time he was here. he changed in my bathroom and walked out, walking over to my bed. i smiled at him, and he smiled before jumping next to me and crawling under the covers.
"i missed you baby" he said, wrapping his arm around my waist from behind me and digging his head into my neck. i put my hand in his hair and softly scratched his scalp.
"i missed you too" i said, not even a LITTLE scared about the storm outside. i put my hand on his hand that was around my waist, and interlocked our fingers. he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb.
my eyes started feeling heavy and before i knew it, i had fallen asleep in the comfort of chris' arms.