c - ignored

i had a really stressful day, and i hadn't had time to answer my phone at all. i was at work and had a bad day, so i was excited to go home and see chris.

i got in my car and drove home, fighting the urge to just cry. today was horrible. so many rude people and i just wasn't feeling it. i was so stressed out and just wanted to see chris. i decided to just not look at my phone and go straight home.

i arrived home and walked inside to a quiet house. it was 10:00pm and they usually weren't asleep this early, so i was confused. i brushed it off and quietly walked upstairs towards chris' room. i walked in and it was dark, and the led lights were a dim purple color. i saw chris laying on the bed, and when he noticed me he looked up from his phone, and looked back down at it not acknowledging me at all.
"baby?" i said, taking my shoes off and walking over to the bed. he gave me no response. i sat next to him, which caused him to turn on his side facing away from me. i tapped his shoulder lightly.
"love?" i said, almost in a whisper. i was confused on why he was ignoring me. he still gave me no response.
"did i do something?" i asked, eyes tearing up but i blinked them away.
nothing.
"chris..?" i said, shaking him a little by his shoulder, leaving my hand on it. he shook my hand off of him which caused me to flinch. it was getting harder to hold back tears.
"w-what did i do?" i asked, voice cracking. he looked at me, saw me beginning to cry and sighed.
"why didn't you answer my messages all day?" he asked, looking at me. a couple tears had now fallen down my face.
"i was really busy chris.. i never had the chance" i said, looking down at him and wiping the tears off my face with the sleeve of my sweater.
"you couldn't have called after you got off?" he said, turning to face me but staying laid down.
"i was stressed out and just wanted to get home so i could see you.." i stated, voice still shaky.
"y/n i was worried sick all day. i thought something happened to you." he said, slowly starting to sit up next to me.
"i'm sorry.. i didn't know." i said, practically whispering. tears were still falling down my face. he opened his arms, inviting me to hug him. of course i did, wrapping my arms around him tightly and burying my head in his chest. he held me tightly, swaying back and forth ever so slowly. i don't exactly know why i was crying, but i just sobbed. it could have been the fact that i had a horrible day and i was so stressed, and i came back to an angry chris. i was just happy that he wasn't upset with me anymore.
"baby.. why are you crying?" he asked, rubbing my back.
"i- i just had a r-really bad day. and w-when i came home a-and you were ignoring m-me i thought you w-were mad." i said shakily.
"i'm sorry baby.. i was just worried about you i shouldn't have ignored you." he said, kissing the top of my head. i finally calmed down and stopped crying, and pulled away from him. i looked at him and he put his hand on my face, wiping away the tears that had stained my cheeks. he leaned down and planted a soft kiss on my lips, to which i returned. once we pulled away he smiled at me and laid back down, and pulled me to lay on his chest. i wrapped my arms around him and he wrapped his around me, playing with my hair.
"i love you, y/n" he said, kissing the top of my head again.
"i love you too" i replied, and drifted to sleep in the comfort of his arms.